The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

whats the point of this forum?

+5
babaganoosh
Ike
Adiex
caje143
directd
9 posters

Go down

whats the point of this forum? Empty whats the point of this forum?

Post by directd March 16th 2008, 11:40 am

there are many good ideas here for a long time but they are not added to our forums so whats the point?
directd
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

whats the point of this forum? Empty Re: whats the point of this forum?

Post by caje143 March 16th 2008, 11:45 am

hmmm agreed... MODS/ADMINS, please let us know if these suggestions are being worked upon or not? atleast we need some indication that the Technicians are working on any of these at the moment, we know nothing.. we just come here and see no new updates these days Sad
caje143
Forumember

Male Posts : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex March 16th 2008, 12:14 pm

yea, you made a point there. but i think they still working on it. or maybe that idea are too good for free forum so they wont add it Smile

just opinion,
adiex

Last edited by Adiex on March 17th 2008, 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1014
Language : er?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ike March 16th 2008, 2:13 pm

If the admin/mods tell you that for example tomorow the update will be made.And if something goes wrong, 80% of the members will bother(write pm to admin and mods,make new topic for it ,etc.. ) and it will be haos ...
Its better like it is now
Ike
Ike
Forumember

Male Posts : 284
Language : Macedonian, English

http://www.promoviraj.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by babaganoosh March 16th 2008, 5:39 pm

It's easy for us to make suggestions that people would like to include. But it's much harder to actually make it work. Unless you know how to implement exactly all these suggestions onto the forums, then you really shouldn't be complaining about why suggestions aren't implemented yet.
babaganoosh
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxiamento March 16th 2008, 5:58 pm

I agree and also keep in mind its all free so I am grateful either way
Maxiamento
Maxiamento
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zink77 March 16th 2008, 10:13 pm

i'm all hoping for are some chatbox improvements and to be able to use templates in version 3..
zink77
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim March 16th 2008, 10:55 pm

zink77 wrote:i'm all hoping for are some chatbox improvements and to be able to use templates in version 3..
you can use templates in phpbb3

Come on guys give the team a break... its not so easy creating a new mod for a forum... you have to take everything into account: like weight ... data transmission ... storage ... availability ... compatibility and many more

also remember that forumotion has many help sites!!! and the votes are tallied from all the support forums -> then the ideas are sent to a board of directors that try to create html codes and the specific outcome mods.

Notice that forumotion has to offer skin/ theme improvement ... we have hitskin for you themes and you can even upload a theme straight from your admin panel. This was requested a while back. Now they are working on the comment box for hitskin. I also believe the cashmod is on its way ... seeing as its very popular on all the help forums.

I know it pisses people when requests are not met, or answered... but to develop a mod is not 1...2...3... and presto.
take that into consideration. All new updates are always posted on the help forum portal and in your very own admin panel... so you won't miss it

patience young padawans... you'll get what you seek
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by caje143 March 17th 2008, 5:47 am

Wow, well said bro, am sorry for being too selfish above, yeah you are right, you guys do need some time.. i am sorry again for being so much in a hurry...
Anyways guys you really do great in all the updates so far.. keep on going cheers
caje143
Forumember

Male Posts : 68

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex March 17th 2008, 11:20 am

well said jolakim,

i know there is maybe hundred of good suggestion out there and i understand that there is no way for forumation team to implement it all, or maybe its takes time to grab one or two of that suggestions to be apply on forum.

but,
at least give priority to most important thing (which provided on previous version) such shop, non-post counting option etc..

just in my opinion only,
adiex
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1014
Language : er?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 19th 2008, 11:18 pm

Well as a veteran of this site for over a year, I am one of the more dissatisfied members here. I do like forumotion but as far as the suggestions well lets reflect.

There once was this "vote" were the admin selsted a few of our suggestions and we voted on the one we wanted the most. The skin selector for users of our forum one. That suggestion still hasn't been added.

I find it disheartening when new people join and say to give the a break as it isnt easy to add mods. It isnt hard either.

mods, admin, and suggestions have come and gone and I am still here waiting for what we as users want. I have paid money for all the extras on my site (custom link, gallery etc) so no my site is not free.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles April 20th 2009, 4:42 am

No Poll, not a suggestion.

Garbaged
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down