The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

make a sepcified search engine for a certain section

2 posters

Go down

make a sepcified search engine for a certain section Empty make a sepcified search engine for a certain section

Post by Maxiamento March 17th 2008, 1:57 am

Hey I couldn't submit this to tutorials so I figured I place it here. Have fun with it.

Code:
<div class="search-box"><form method="get" id="forum-search" action="/search.forum"><fieldset><input class="inputbox search tiny" name="search_keywords" id="search_keywords" size="20" value="Search" onclick="if (this.value == 'Search') this.value = '';" onblur="if (this.value == '') this.value = 'Search';" type="text">&nbsp;<input class="button2" value="Search" type="submit"><input value="c3" name="search_where" type="hidden"></fieldset></form>

in this code in the end you see c3 change this into the forum number you want to specify the search engine for

example
this is the original link on which this search engine with the above code is specified.
http://achieve360portal.com/list-a-to-z-c3/
all threads will have a certain number behind the name you gave it.
I gave that section the name
list-a-to-z so the cs3 is the number which should be filled in. to make this new search engine either make a module in your portal or paste it in a html page and link to it.
thats all, really easy mod.

cheers max
Maxiamento
Maxiamento
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

make a sepcified search engine for a certain section Empty Re: make a sepcified search engine for a certain section

Post by Skittles April 20th 2009, 5:24 pm

Not a suggestion

Garbaged
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down