The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chatbox Color Editing

Go down

Chatbox Color Editing Empty Chatbox Color Editing

Post by Guest July 16th 2015, 5:31 pm

Hi, I am having trouble identifying which tab on "ACP > Display > Colors" modifies the area where you type your titles in thread posts and the message box on the chatbox module. If this is not easily found, is there a CCS code that I can use? 

Thanks for any help. 

-Helvetii

Chatbox Color Editing 110

Last edited by Helvetii on July 17th 2015, 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Chatbox Color Editing Empty Re: Chatbox Color Editing

Post by Pizza Boi July 16th 2015, 6:56 pm

Hi Very Happy

I'm sorry what? So you want the chatbox color changed? Can you please state your version and highlight the parts you wish to change with details Smile.

Regards,
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2016
Language : French

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 17th 2015, 11:10 am

The version of the site is phpBB3 and the chatbox is the built in module available.

The part of the module that I want to change is the white box on the bottom that shows what you are writing before sending it. I thought that was the 'editor background color' in ACP > Display > Colors at first, but that didn't work. Now I am sifting through other threads to find anything similar, but I think I might have to write something on the CSS now. 

-Helvetii

Chatbox Color Editing 11010

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizza Boi July 17th 2015, 3:31 pm

Hi Very Happy

I believe this is the selector phpBB3: input#message.post . If not, please give us the link to your forum and provide me a test account via PM.

Code:
input#message.post {
  background-color: #Color of the one you want;
}

Regards,
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2016
Language : French

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 20th 2015, 5:27 pm

@Pizza Boi

That is the correct variable, but it is not working anyway. The effected box is under a user agent stylesheet. I don't think I can change that without editing the CSS of the default browser. I also think that if I manage to change it for my screen, it will not change it globally for every member. Thanks for your help, but I might just find a work-around using different color match-ups. ^^

Chatbox Color Editing 115

Back to top Go down