The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Templates & phpBB2 / phpBB3

4 posters

Go down

Templates & phpBB2 / phpBB3 Empty Templates & phpBB2 / phpBB3

Post by vortex March 20th 2008, 10:44 pm

Hello everyone,

I have the forum running with phpBB3, I get the message that "Templates management" has expired and in the Misc>Points Management section there's no "Add" points to re-enable Templates management.

I'm fairly new to this and I haven't really got my head around it yet .. but I'm thinking : If I change version to phpBB2 will I be able to modify the Templates ..or even add points to enable them ? and when I change whatever I want to change ..will I be able to switch back to version phpBB3 without losing any settings ..and resulting to my forum as it is right now + any modifications to templates i've done ?

Thanks alot
vortex
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Templates & phpBB2 / phpBB3 Empty Re: Templates & phpBB2 / phpBB3

Post by zakir321 March 20th 2008, 10:50 pm

Currently, template editing is only possible for phpBB version 2. You can buy points then in "misc / Points management / buy points", yes, but only if you are the founder of the board as well. Wink
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by vortex March 20th 2008, 10:52 pm

yes im the founder.
The question still remains, if I switch to BB2 and buy points, edit the templates ...and then switch to BB3 will I lose settings ?
vortex
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 March 20th 2008, 11:06 pm

To be honest I'm not entirely sure, but I assume yes as template editing will only affect phpBB version 2 (by now, but it has been suggested already, so it might be possible in future).
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by forexxguru March 23rd 2008, 4:04 pm

hi, I still have the same dilemma as vortex here.Enabling template editing for phb3, instead of going back to phb2 and probably losing some settings or data or both. I'll like the forummotion crew to understand that prompt service in checking loopholes is also to their advantage. Since phb3 is more advanced and better than phb2,it would help a lot wen clients use d newer version to showcase their forums, which would indirectly point back towards forummotion. Exchange of links n banners, google adsense,etc, would bring more exposure to both clients and providers. A win-win situation. But delaying the activation of template editing in phb3 for months now, would only give competitors more advantage.
my website, www.forexgreenland.com, is phb3 based, and I'm uncertain that I might lose some data or settings if I switch to phb2, after template activation.
Guys, can we sit up and do what we are supposed to do,so we can all move ahead?
Thanks
forexxguru
Forumember

Male Posts : 34

http://www.forexgreenland.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dana March 24th 2008, 2:43 am

You guys are not alone. I get the same thing. I just recently bought some points for my forum and no templates fo phb3. I think that is a much nicer version than 2.
Dana
Forumember

Female Posts : 206

http://Soapdishandmore.new-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 24th 2008, 8:03 pm

Hopefully I can answer all your questions:

1. Editing only available to vwersion 2

2. If you edit your version 2 site and switch to version 3 you WILL lose all your editing. (it happend to me).

3. Forumotion IS NOT at full version of PHPBB version 3 as of yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dana March 29th 2008, 11:11 pm

Are they working on getting templates for version3? Could really use it...
Dana
Forumember

Female Posts : 206

http://Soapdishandmore.new-forum.net

Back to top Go down