The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making more pages

2 posters

Go down

Making more pages Empty Making more pages

Post by kirkby1red March 22nd 2008, 4:00 pm

Hiya everyone. At the moment on my forum (www.tropicalfishfanatics.forumsmotion.com) I have two pages - the portal page, and then the main forum page where people can access all the various sections of the forum, post topics, reply etc.

There are lots of sections that are for information only, and these are currently placed as stickies in the main forum, but I was wondering if it was possible for these to have their own page, which can then be accessed from both the portal page, or the forum main page.

Hope I have explained that cearly enough!

Thanks a lot Very Happy
kirkby1red
Forumember

http://www.cockapoo-ownersforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Making more pages Empty Re: Making more pages

Post by Adiex March 22nd 2008, 4:03 pm

hello,

maybe this tutorial can help you about making more pages on forum, Typlo tutorials
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1014
Language : er?

Back to top Go down

Post by kirkby1red March 22nd 2008, 4:23 pm

Thankyou so much and I am sorry to bother you about this again. I have looked at the tutorial link above. I set up a HTML page with the forum headers, and have printed in it the information I wanted and clicked on submit.

I the got a message saying the page had been successfully created, but I cannot see it anywhere on the forum! I have obviously missed something somewhere - any chance you could give some more help please?

When this page is successfully established, where on the forum wll it be displayed and how can it be accessed by members/guests.

Also, when I preview the page it looks nothing like what I have typed. I have typed a page with all the nexessary spaces, paragraphs, headers etc. On the preview page it comes out as just a continuous page of typing, no paragraphs, no spaces etc, and it would be impossible for anyone to read. Any reason for this and how do I stop it?

Sorry to be so daft about this! Very Happy
kirkby1red
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex March 22nd 2008, 4:33 pm

tips & trick wrote:How do page to my website?

This is fairly simple, go into your admin panel on your forumotion

admin panel>>>general>>>homepage>>>Nav Links>>create a link.

In picture selected you could add this code for an arcade image but you can have any image you like:

Code:
http://i18.servimg.com/u/f18/11/55/77/90/YOU PICTURE.gif

In the redirection URL below it, paste your link to new forum PAGES.

Finally in the alternative text box...give your New pages a name, then set whom
can see the link and if you want it to open in a new window and save!
Your arcade will now appear in your navigation menu.

as show above Smile
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1014
Language : er?

Back to top Go down

Post by kirkby1red March 22nd 2008, 4:52 pm

Thanks Adiex. Could you help me further?

* Do you have to have an image?
* When following these instructions the new page title appears on the header of the forum. Is this the only way it can be displayed?
* Is there any way to correct the way the page itself is displayed? As mentioned above, when the text I have written in the HTML page is displayed, it is in very small font size (although it has been typed in the same size as here), and there are no paragraphs, spaces etc. It would be impossible to read as it is a long piece or writing.
kirkby1red
Forumember

Back to top Go down