The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portal width too wide...PLEASE HELP!

2 posters

Go down

Portal width too wide...PLEASE HELP! Empty Portal width too wide...PLEASE HELP!

Post by amooretto March 25th 2008, 2:37 am

Is there a way to reduce the width of a column in the Portal page? Column 2 of my portal page is too wide.

Also, I noticed that in my forum, the forums seem to be too wide. You have to scroll right to see who replied, the post #, etc. Where do I go to fix this size?
amooretto
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Portal width too wide...PLEASE HELP! Empty Re: Portal width too wide...PLEASE HELP!

Post by zakir321 March 25th 2008, 3:21 am

To change the column's width in your portal visit the "Modules / Portal Pages Management" tab and click this icon (Portal width too wide...PLEASE HELP! Editer). Here you can put a percentage value for each column.

To change the width of your forum, go to "Styles / Colors" and enter a percentage-value in the "forum width" field (with the "%" symbol added as well, for example 80%). If you have a fixed value and your resolution is below that value, you will see a scroll bar.
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Portal width too wide...PLEASE HELP! Empty Re: Portal width too wide...PLEASE HELP!

Post by amooretto March 26th 2008, 4:01 am

I did what you said and the forum is still the same width. What now?
amooretto
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 March 26th 2008, 5:52 pm

Would you post a screenshot please? Or even better, a link to your site?
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by amooretto March 26th 2008, 7:32 pm

amooretto
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 March 26th 2008, 7:52 pm

Are you sure that you have written also the "%" symbol behind the value in the forum width field? The code of your side tells me that the forum's width is set as 75 pixels... Try to put 75% in that field.

Besides that, your forum is looking fine for me, but I also have a 1280x1024 resolution. Your Portal columns seem to be displayed correct as well...
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by amooretto March 26th 2008, 7:58 pm

You know...it would help putting that % sign wouldn't it!? Laughing I'll go try that and see what happens. Thanks for helping!
amooretto
Forumember

Back to top Go down