The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do I get administrator under my name

2 posters

Go down

How do I get administrator under my name Empty How do I get administrator under my name

Post by Beethoven December 3rd 2006, 4:40 am

I just created a forum and was wondering how to get administrator under my name? As well as for when I get moderators and members? Also how to I split forums into their own categories?
Beethoven

Female Posts : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

How do I get administrator under my name Empty Re: How do I get administrator under my name

Post by Cornelia December 3rd 2006, 5:41 am

Hello and welcome.

Because you are new, here are useful links where you can look for answers :

Arrow Frequently Asked Questions
Arrow List of the Frequengly Asked Questions' topics
Arrow Tricks & Tips
Arrow List of the Tricks & Tips topics
Arrow The Search feature
Arrow The FAQ of How do I get administrator under my name Editboard3xc5

Moreover, if you don't find the answer for your question, don't hesitate to open a new topic since this section is made for this !

To answer to your question : I suggest you to take a look to the Frequently Asked Questions where you will find answer for most of the questions you asked here.
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

How do I get administrator under my name Empty Re: How do I get administrator under my name

Post by Liwana R December 3rd 2006, 6:11 am

Just suggestions:
    1. Create a usergroup for administrators. Assign moderator duties and permissions for that group. Anyone you add to that usergroup will automatically get those administrative perks.

2. Same deal for moderators and members. Smile

3. To split the board categories, go to Administration >> General Admin >> Configuration >> Hierarchy (it's the 2nd to last tab in Configuration) >> Split Categories on Index.

Hope that helps! How do I get administrator under my name Jumping0017
Liwana R

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia December 3rd 2006, 6:26 am

Liwana Riversong wrote:Just suggestions:
[list]1. Create a usergroup for administrators. Assign moderator duties and permissions for that group. Anyone you add to that usergroup will automatically get those administrative perks.

It's not possible to do this for admins. It must be done manually by editing the profile, it's indicated in the administrators tutorial in the FAQ. The only group permissions you can give are giving moderation rights and allowing access to private sections.
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Liwana R December 3rd 2006, 6:40 am

Woops! How do I get administrator under my name Ashamed0004
Liwana R

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia April 2nd 2007, 2:40 am

No news, good news Arrow Garbage
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down