The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making someone a moderator

3 posters

Go down

Making someone a moderator Empty Making someone a moderator

Post by Chaoticlegend April 6th 2008, 1:22 am

hi i wanted to know how you make people moderators instead of administrator. when i give permissions to a user, the only user level there is, is user or administrator but i want to make them moderator. if u can tell me how to make some1 a moderator then post here ty
Chaoticlegend

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Making someone a moderator Empty Re: Making someone a moderator

Post by acef596 April 6th 2008, 1:28 am

First,give your moderators group permission to moderate the forums.You can do this by going to administration panel->Users&Groups->Groups->Group administration->Action(of your moderator group)->Permissions->Moderator status->Check the box is moderator of all the forums you want them to moderate.
Then,you add your user to a moderator group.You can do this by selecting your group by going to
administration panel->Users&Groups->Groups->Group administration then you select your moderators group then you should see a space to type right before add member.Type the user name of the member you wish to give moderating powers and then click add member.
acef596
acef596
Forumember

Male Posts : 494
Language : english

http://relaxingforum.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Bale April 6th 2008, 9:52 am

And after that go on user(new moderator) profile, and on the bottom of page have title of rang(i think that is thus) and choose "moderator".
Bale
Bale
Forumember

Male Posts : 66
Language : macedonian

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaoticlegend April 6th 2008, 5:33 pm

ok tyvm
Chaoticlegend

Language : English

Back to top Go down