The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

remove lines from members names on online section? [solved]

3 posters

Go down

remove lines from members names on online section? [solved] Empty remove lines from members names on online section? [solved]

Post by Little Miss Naughty April 7th 2008, 1:54 am

Hi everyone.
I deleted the sans dream script from my site description to enter a script that I picked up on here under a thread called "Identify user"

I clicked save and now all my members names and posts are underlined.

How can I get rid of it?

thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

my forum url is in my profile if you need to see what I am talking about
Little Miss Naughty
Little Miss Naughty
Forumember

Female Posts : 50
Language : English

http://slimmingworldsupport.editboard.com

Back to top Go down

remove lines from members names on online section? [solved] Empty Re: remove lines from members names on online section? [solved]

Post by zakir321 April 7th 2008, 2:01 am

Don't know why this happened, but you can try the following. Enter the code below into your custom CSS field in "Styles / Colors / CSS" and click submit:

a:link{text-decoration:none}
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

remove lines from members names on online section? [solved] Empty Re: remove lines from members names on online section? [solved]

Post by Little Miss Naughty April 7th 2008, 2:06 am

Thanks for the speedy reply SunnyD.

I've done what you suggested and it has removed some lines but not others.. Some usernames are now without lines and the same goes for the post titles, yet some remain.

could you have a look at my forum to see what i mean please?

thanks Smile
Little Miss Naughty
Little Miss Naughty
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 April 7th 2008, 2:18 am

Hm... to be honest, I don't see any links that remain underlined. May you probably post a screenshot? Smile

remove lines from members names on online section? [solved] 0110
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Miss Naughty April 7th 2008, 2:53 am

Here you go Smile Sorry its not very clear or big, but I've had a right job resizing it.

remove lines from members names on online section? [solved] Swsupp10
Little Miss Naughty
Little Miss Naughty
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 April 7th 2008, 2:59 am

Rolling Eyes What's that now again? Hm... you should probably try to delete your cookies and the cache (CTRL+SHIFT+DEL) .
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Miss Naughty April 7th 2008, 3:04 am

Hi again
I've tried what you've suggested but it hasn't done anything.

A member on my board has just posted the following on a post i put up in the announcements section to say we're experiencing difficulties with the following

The css code you got... is it applied to all links, active and visited? as that might be why

I can see her logic, but I've no idea what to put in the css style sheet to make those changes.

Last edited by Little Miss Naughty on April 7th 2008, 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Little Miss Naughty
Little Miss Naughty
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 April 7th 2008, 3:09 am

A good hint, that could be it, of course you can also have the visited links to be not underlined anymore. Change your code I gave you to:

a:link, a:active, a:visited{text-decoration:none}
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Miss Naughty April 7th 2008, 3:14 am

Did I need to delete the previous code that you gave to me? I deleted it and entered the new code and clicked submit, but it is still the same.

I cleared my cache etc afterwards too, but still no change Confused
Little Miss Naughty
Little Miss Naughty
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 April 7th 2008, 3:23 am

Well, I visited your site and checked the code. Are you sure it has been saved properly? Because the last code I gave you didn't show up.

One more idea I have would be that you should put this code at the very bottom of your custom CSS, if you have already other text written there.

EDIT: and yes, was correct to delete the other one - it's not needed anymore.
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by Little Miss Naughty April 7th 2008, 3:30 am

Awww SunnyD you are a star!!

it musn't have saved properly.. I've just re-entered the new code again and submitted it and it worked!

Thank you so much for all your help, it's very much appreciated thumright
Little Miss Naughty
Little Miss Naughty
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 April 7th 2008, 3:35 am

Great, glad it works finally! Now I can rest assured, wouldn't have had any more ideas. Lol
zakir321

Back to top Go down

remove lines from members names on online section? [solved] Empty 18 an over section

Post by boernera April 12th 2008, 11:59 pm

Do I have to post an 18 and over section?
boernera

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 April 13th 2008, 7:57 pm

I'm going to close this thread as the original problem has been solved already and I don't see any connection to the this thread, boernera. Smile
zakir321

Back to top Go down