The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I The Only Admin With Access to the Admin Control Panel?

4 posters

Go down

Am I The Only Admin With Access to the Admin Control Panel? Empty Am I The Only Admin With Access to the Admin Control Panel?

Post by Nyghtshayde April 8th 2008, 8:38 am

Am I the only Admin with access to my control panel or is there some way I can password activate it or something for my co-admin so that he can have access as well? I thought my co-admin had access to the panel when I asked him to edit and change some stuff for me, but he said he couldn't access or even see the link for the 'Admin Control Panel'. So again, am I the only one with access/control?
Nyghtshayde
Nyghtshayde
Forumember

Female Posts : 26
Language : English & some Japanese

http://groveofancients.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Am I The Only Admin With Access to the Admin Control Panel? Empty Re: Am I The Only Admin With Access to the Admin Control Panel?

Post by Uber Lord April 8th 2008, 9:01 am

You have to have him in the Administrator group.
Uber Lord
Uber Lord
Forumember

Male Posts : 710
Language : English

http://computerworld.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Am I The Only Admin With Access to the Admin Control Panel? Empty Re: Am I The Only Admin With Access to the Admin Control Panel?

Post by Adiex April 8th 2008, 9:17 am

maybe you forget to set his permission level as admin.

Code:
admin panel > user & groups > user > click on your co admin name > permission tab > user level  : administrator > save
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1014
Language : er?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyghtshayde April 8th 2008, 9:56 am

Uber Lord wrote:You have to have him in the Administrator group.
He is in the Admin group. I made sure of it.

Adiex wrote:maybe you forget to set his permission level as admin.

Code:
admin panel > user & groups > user > click on your co admin name > permission tab > user level  : administrator > save

I'll double-check that to make sure that, that isn't what the issue is. Thank you.
Nyghtshayde
Nyghtshayde
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex April 8th 2008, 10:01 am

yes, it is. if you didnt set up his access level to administrator he still can not see you admin panel link even if he is on your administrator group Smile
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1014
Language : er?

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 April 8th 2008, 8:17 pm

Well, the user level is automatically set to admin if one is added to the admin group. Be sure you added him to the correct admin group (the one with this icon Am I The Only Admin With Access to the Admin Control Panel? Couronne besides it).
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Nyghtshayde April 8th 2008, 9:24 pm

So, that was the problem I just needed to alter his permissions and problem solved. Thank you.
Nyghtshayde
Nyghtshayde
Forumember

Back to top Go down