The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Global moderation problems [Solved]

4 posters

Go down

Global moderation problems [Solved] Empty Global moderation problems [Solved]

Post by Didi April 12th 2008, 9:26 pm

I have two cuestions:
1. I made Global moderator group and added two memers on it, than their status aren't displayed, even there are in that list gorup
2. I tried to make a special forum for global moderators and, there aren't option to allow just Global moderator to see that, there are All,Users,Administrators...
Didi
Forumember

Language : English,Serbian,Bosnian,Croatian

Back to top Go down

Global moderation problems [Solved] Empty Re: Global moderation problems [Solved]

Post by Luky April 12th 2008, 10:08 pm

1.What do you mean exactly by there status? you mean there ranks? If so you will have to crate a special rank named Global Moderator from admin panel=>Users & Groups=>Ranks=>Rank administration and then manually add it to the two members you added in that group.
2.Go to admin panel=>Forums=>Permissions=>Forum permissions control and click on the forum you made for Global moderators only. Now click the 'Advanced mode' button from the bottom of the screen. Then make sure that all the options (View the forum, Read the topics etc.) are checked for the global moderators group but are unchecked for anybody else.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Global moderation problems [Solved] Empty Re: Global moderation problems [Solved]

Post by Didi April 13th 2008, 10:31 am

As I said, I made user group named Global moderator->than I added two members->than I gave them permissions->than I made rank gropup named global moderator and gave them pics(few stars for example)->now their status aren't displayed and in permission of the control there aren't displayed Global moderator, there are just all and admins.
Didi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Beno April 13th 2008, 10:39 am

Hia i had thid problem.
go to users&groups--users, cick on the user you want the status on, go down to the bottom of the page where it says Special admin-only fields then there is a box with says rank title and click the dropdown box and click there status then save.
Thanks
ben
Beno
Beno
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3024
Language : English

http://www.benwhitedesign.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Didi April 13th 2008, 10:43 am

WHOW,man now I have problems with moderations!!!In user group moderator I added few people, and they all have same permission,and when I gave to one user special permission the new user group is created with his name!!
Is there any way to make 5 moderator with different permissions??
Didi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Didi April 13th 2008, 10:45 am

But that what beno said I tried,and when I saved it it wasn't saved!!
Didi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Beno April 13th 2008, 10:48 am

Hia
Sorry i dont think i can help any more i think you should move this toppic to the tecnial problems if it didnt save.
Sory i cant help
Beno
Beno
Beno
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 3024
Language : English

http://www.benwhitedesign.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem April 13th 2008, 10:53 am

Didi;

It's normal, when you give a member special permissions, it makes him a group, hidden, that has those permissions instead. This facilitates the gestion of special users.
For example: if you want a second user to have those same permissions, thenall you need to d is add him to the previously existing group instead of ging into the Admin Panel and doing i the "long" way Wink

To have mods with different permissions; just put them all in the mod group and give them special permissions like you've prviously done Wink
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Didi April 13th 2008, 10:58 am

Ok!And what I should to do with my Glob moderators as I said I create user group,gave them a rank, than their status and rank arent displayed,eve there are in Glob mod. group and they have permissions??Please Help,my forum is in chaos now!!!
Didi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Didi April 13th 2008, 11:16 am

Can,somebody help...Please I need It qickly!!!!And now when I go to Users->some user -> special status->I give him a rank it's dislpayed password is invalid or eror????
Didi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky April 13th 2008, 9:12 pm

I remind that double posting isn't tolerated unless separated by 24 hours(Use the edit button) Wink
Go to admin panel=>Users & Groups=>Users=>Users click on the member you want from that list and in the "Rank Title :" menu choose Global moderator(if the rank doesn't appear it means you didn't set it as special). If you get the passwords don't match message go to the "New password : *" field and remove all the * you see in that field.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Didi April 16th 2008, 1:45 pm

Hey,man thank you a lot!!!!
Didi
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky April 16th 2008, 2:25 pm

You're welcome.Since this topic appears to be solved, I will lock it and mark it as solved.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down