The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Check the box for Guest only to view forum

2 posters

Go down

Check the box for Guest only to view forum Empty Check the box for Guest only to view forum

Post by Hazeleyez73 August 14th 2020, 9:47 am

The image below has an arrow showing. what I need to happen and I circle the guest checkbox only in the View The Forum section.

Check the box for Guest only to view forum Click-box-guest1

The image below shows you I click the guest checkbox and all boxes got checked.  If you notice, all the checkboxes that I did not want to be check are crossed out in blue ink. 

Check the box for Guest only to view forum Click-box-guest2

So, you should pretty much understand what I am asking. Is there code or something that we can just check the box for guest without automatically checking all the other boxes in that section. 

My forum is private, and when users/members join the group, they are put
in a special group that only has permission to see particular boards. Since we can't make a group for guest it would make sense to have an option to check the boxes only for guests.

I would appreciate some help with this and I hope there is a solution. 

Thanks, Jen
Hazeleyez73
Hazeleyez73
Forumember

Female Posts : 197
Language : English

https://chilloutzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Check the box for Guest only to view forum Empty Re: Check the box for Guest only to view forum

Post by levy August 14th 2020, 9:56 am

Hello, please check your font size, it's too big and that is allowed only to moderators for moderation.

About your question, no it can't be done and it's a reason for that. Guest is the visitor, which is the lowest rank on a forum. While you go up, you become a member you gain extra access to the forum.

My forum is private, and when users/members join the group, they are put
in a special group that only has permission to see particular boards. Since we can't make a group for guest it would make sense to have an option to check the boxes only for guests.

That's a particularity of your forum, not of the service that forumotion offer. Thinking of it as a code, all members are in the same code and as you go up, you gain extra features.

I visited your forum and it won't allow you to acces the forum as you said, only to see the portal. You can add a pop-up on portal to tell people or you can create a widget for that. If you'd like that to be done, I'd like to help you.
levy
levy
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2632
Language : English, Romanian

https://portofolio.goodforum.net/

Back to top Go down