Notify user when moderation is complited Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
3 posters

Notify user when moderation is complited

Poll

Do you agree or disagree ?

[ 10 ]
    Notify user when moderation is complited Bar_left100%Notify user when moderation is complited Bar_right [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Notify user when moderation is complited Bar_left0%Notify user when moderation is complited Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 10

Notify user when moderation is complited Empty Notify user when moderation is complited

Post by Guest November 6th 2022, 1:17 am

At this moment, when we do any moderations such as moving topics, locking, deleting etc.. the user never get any notification and that might be annoying. First, they may wonder where is my topic, secondly, they can ask why is my post deleted..
    Some forums have moderation system that allows moderator to send notification why something is done. By doing so, users have clear understanding and we avoid further questioning why some moderaion is done. I believe xenForo has this system very well done. But, they charge 300 euros per month to use their forums.

What do you guys and girls think? Would you agree on this?
    SLGray
    SLGray
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 51503
    Language : English

Notify user when moderation is complited Empty Re: Notify user when moderation is complited

Post by SLGray November 6th 2022, 12:40 pm

Could you tell me what other providers have this service?  The forums I am on do not have this.  They use PM's.

Notify user when moderation is complited Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
    Never post your email in public.

Notify user when moderation is complited Empty Re: Notify user when moderation is complited

Post by Guest November 6th 2022, 1:14 pm

As far as I know, only the named one XenForo does. It is actually quite detailed done with so many options. The only thing that I am interested about is a simple notification to used such as "Message in *topic name* is deleted. Reason: Spam"

Something like that. Or it can be used for moving topics and deleting them as well.

Post by Guest November 6th 2022, 9:52 pm

Here you go live example:

Notify user when moderation is complited Screen23

And what user get in return:

Notify user when moderation is complited Screen24

Test forum: https://24971a2197e066af.demo-xenforo.com/2211/index.php
    Ape
    Ape
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 19147
    Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

Post by Ape November 7th 2022, 4:34 pm

I like the sound of this it would help us on the support forum to we move a lot of post

I think vbulletin has this setting but you can turn it on and off in the ACP i think. Think

Notify user when moderation is complited Left1212Notify user when moderation is complited Center11Notify user when moderation is complited Right112
    Notify user when moderation is complited Ape_b110
    Notify user when moderation is complited Ape1010

tikky likes this post

Post by Guest November 7th 2022, 6:02 pm

Ape wrote:I like the sound of this it would help us on the support forum to we move a lot of post

I think vbulletin has this setting but you can turn it on and off in the ACP i think. Think  
    Honestly, no idea if they do or not. But I recall when I was moderator on one forum and they use XenForo, it was so easy to control all moderation. Private messages are also well done. But, that platform is very expensive Very Happy
    SarkZKalie
    SarkZKalie
    Support Moderator
    Support Moderator

Male Posts : 1420
    Language : English

Post by SarkZKalie November 15th 2022, 11:28 am

Vote up yes

Notify user when moderation is complited Sarkzk10

Mimóza likes this post