The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Actions Link to Topics and Posts [solved]

2 posters

Go down

Actions Link to Topics and Posts [solved] Empty Actions Link to Topics and Posts [solved]

Post by Surreal April 17th 2008, 1:50 pm

Hello,

There is a link in the menu after topics and posts have been made named "actions". This is a very useful function but....

The headings for the actions menu link are:

View posts since last visit
View your posts
View unanswered posts
Watched topics
Add to your favourites

Then there is a dotted line:

Now we have these headings:

Send to a friend
Copy BBC code URL
Print this page

My problem is, and I hope you will be able to help with this important item, is with the heading "Send to a friend". My forum is private for members who are professional writers and it is not good for my members to have someone sending emails of posts to non-members, so I have to respect their privacy.

Also another problem with "Send to a friend". When I sent the post by email by my 'test member' I was able to see by expanding to full header on the email account the email address of the forum Administrator (me). I hope that you can understand the security risk of sending out to non-members an admin's email by this method.

Please show me how I can manage this problem or delete the actions link in the admin's panel.

Thanks

Last edited by Sunny_D on April 18th 2008, 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tags)
Surreal

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Actions Link to Topics and Posts [solved] Empty Re: Actions Link to Topics and Posts [solved]

Post by zakir321 April 17th 2008, 4:45 pm

Well, to my knowledge, you can't deactivate the actions menu. Anyway, the mails that will be sent, contains only a link to the topic/forum, therefore if someone is not authorized as guest to visit this thread, he will be prompted to login. However there is a little trick how you can hide the menu that pops up (not the actions! link directly). Place this code below into the textfield in "Styles >> COlors >> CSS" and click submit. Smile

#plus_menu{display:none}
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Actions Link to Topics and Posts [solved] Empty Re: Actions Link to Topics and Posts [solved]

Post by Surreal April 17th 2008, 5:01 pm

Thank you Sunny-D Dawa

You are wise beyond words.

It worked well.
Surreal

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 April 18th 2008, 3:16 pm

You are welcome. Smile

Going to lock this thread now and mark it solved.
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down