The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chatbox problem for one user

Go down

Chatbox problem for one user Empty Chatbox problem for one user

Post by Brian22686 April 26th 2008, 6:13 am

Hi,

I have a question to ask all you smart people. One of my best friends is having problems accessing the chatbox. Now I'm a computer techie but this one has me stumped. Everyone on the board can access the chatbox except her and I can tell you exactly everything you might need to know.

Her computer runs Windows ME with Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1. I have already had her reset her browser security level to medium and I even had her set the board in her trusted sites. I had her make sure that Javascript was enabled as well and to reset all advanced settings on the advanced tab in Internet Options. Now here's the problem. She can't upgrade the OS, she's afraid to reinstall IE in fear of causing further problems. She doesn't want to use any other browser other than IE.

But here's the thing, she can log into the chatbox and type however she can't see anyone in the chatbox, not even herself nor can she see what she types or anything else anyone else types. But all other users can see her and what she types. Plus she's an admin as well.

If anyone could help me on this problem I'd really apprciate it! Thanks.

Brian
Brian22686

Language : English

Back to top Go down