The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Timezone [Solved]

2 posters

Go down

New Timezone [Solved] Empty New Timezone [Solved]

Post by Lunar_Eclipse April 27th 2008, 4:19 pm

Hello I'm fairly new to administrating on forumotion but have been for almost 2 years on other sites! I truly love the setup you guys have here! The only issue I'm having is that my timezone isn't available for use by my forum members. I understand that this forum is mainly used for european countries and therefore my timezone is hardly ever used. I'm hoping to change that, meaning I'm hoping to bring more people to these forums from the USA. I live in California and my timezone is PST (Pacific Standard Time) and we're currently in Daylight Savings Time. I'd greatly appreciate it if y'all would add my timezone! I run a gaming server and most of my friends/players are from Germany. It would be a great help to show my time on our forums since the server only becomes active at certain times and its difficult for some of us to remember what time it is either in the USA or Germany. I'm also planning on designing another forum for a friend and his congregation to use! The timezone addition would be crucial in this case as everyone who would be using that forum (at first) would be from the USA!

I hope to hear from anyone who can help me with this soon. Thank you for your time and any consideration that you give towards adding our timezone for use on our forums!

Sincerely,
~ Lunar_Eclipse - Rogue Universe Owner/Forum Admin
Lunar_Eclipse

Male Posts : 2
Language : English

Back to top Go down

New Timezone [Solved] Empty Re: New Timezone [Solved]

Post by Luky April 27th 2008, 7:15 pm

You can set a default timezone for the forum from admin panel=>General=>Configuration=>Configuration and look for this option "System Timezone". Also set your timezone from Profile=>Preferences tab(in your nav bar) and look for this option "Timezone :"
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Lunar_Eclipse April 28th 2008, 12:17 am

Yes I understand that m8, but my timezone isn't one of the options available. All the options I see are in GMT and I am in PST. What I'm asking is if its at all possible to have my timezone added to the current list as I saw and read this post and took notice to the bottom where the admin mentioned the possibility of adding additional timezones that are currently unavailable.

Katt wrote:These timezones are the most frequent on forumotions. If you are not living in Quebec or France and you want to submit your area timezone, please PM me for that. When you submit, tell me if the Saving Daylight Time is applicated in your area. I will then edit this post to add your area timezone.

Now I know that it says to PM him for this, which I did. I was told to make a post here (I think). Thanks for the fast reply! Very Happy

Edited: Ahh I see that I can subtract the time from GMT timezone to fit into mine! Thanks m8, great help! rock
Lunar_Eclipse

Male Posts : 2
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky April 28th 2008, 9:08 am

You're welcome.Since this topic appears to be solved, I will lock it and mark it as solved.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down