The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Having problems replacing messages icon

2 posters

Go down

Having problems replacing messages icon Empty Having problems replacing messages icon

Post by Sabbassi April 28th 2008, 4:50 am

I created icons to replace the standard "0 new messages" and new message notification, but when I tried to change them on the forum I was given a message that said, "You must provide a menu name." I can't change anything but the image URL's. How do I work around this, or is it a glitch?

Also, is there a way to make the secondary navbar (View posts since last visit, View your posts, etc.) right justified - and preferably stacked on top of each other?
Sabbassi

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Having problems replacing messages icon Empty Re: Having problems replacing messages icon

Post by zakir321 April 28th 2008, 3:17 pm

Hm... it works fine for me. But you can try to change the image URL's in "Styles / List of Pictures" as well - try if it works there.

About your second question, I think it's not possible. There are no classes defined for each link what would be required to access them through the stylesheet.
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Having problems replacing messages icon Empty Thanks

Post by Sabbassi April 28th 2008, 4:00 pm

Sunny_D wrote:Hm... it works fine for me. But you can try to change the image URL's in "Styles / List of Pictures" as well - try if it works there.

About your second question, I think it's not possible. There are no classes defined for each link what would be required to access them through the stylesheet.

Thanks, I was able to change it using the alternate method you suggested.

Bummer about the alignment of the other menu. I've seen it on other websites created on here... maybe it was an option in the past?
Sabbassi

Back to top Go down

Having problems replacing messages icon Empty Re: Having problems replacing messages icon

Post by zakir321 April 30th 2008, 1:42 pm

Probably you have seen this on phpBB2 forums, where the html structure is similarly arranged, true. You can switch between the versions in "Styles / change version", although the forum layout would be a different then. If you have custom CSS, please note it will get deleted if you change versions.
zakir321

Back to top Go down