The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

does this mean i can have a free domain name???[solved]

+8
Mr.Killerguitar
nod32forum777
O.Fan
ripu daman
vinrose67
omegrakai
baby-rootz
havoc802
12 posters

Go down

does this mean i can have a free domain name???[solved] Empty does this mean i can have a free domain name???[solved]

Post by havoc802 May 1st 2008, 3:01 am

i want to buy a customized domain name but when i go the the points management menu and then i go to domain i get this:

does this mean i can have a free domain name???[solved] Domain

i dont understand because it says i can get it for free, i filled out the form before also and never got a reply. it has been a long time too.
havoc802
havoc802

Language : english

Back to top Go down

does this mean i can have a free domain name???[solved] Empty Re: does this mean i can have a free domain name???[solved]

Post by baby-rootz May 1st 2008, 6:14 am

i dont get that either
baby-rootz

Back to top Go down

does this mean i can have a free domain name???[solved] Empty Re: does this mean i can have a free domain name???[solved]

Post by omegrakai May 1st 2008, 7:16 am

That is a little misleading, you can only have a domian name when you buy points. sorry it took me four hour's trying to figure that out...
omegrakai
omegrakai

Male Posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by vinrose67 May 1st 2008, 2:09 pm

i have that also i submit but still no response.
vinrose67

Back to top Go down

Post by havoc802 May 2nd 2008, 9:29 pm

well i have 1500 points, i think you need 1600 but even if i had 1600 where do i go to buy the domain? im still confused about this. the points are not a problem i can get them i just want to know how to do it the right way.
havoc802
havoc802

Back to top Go down

Post by ripu daman May 3rd 2008, 9:50 am

to buy the domain for free go to www.freedomain.co.nr it is free trust me
ripu daman
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 3rd 2008, 2:12 pm

but that it just a redirection URL. If you want to spend your credits...

Admin Panel==> Misc ==> Spend Points

Hope this Helps!

Drag~

Back to top Go down

Post by O.Fan May 5th 2008, 12:03 am

Did you go through all the steps?

-First you select a name to find out if it's available. (That's the image you gave us in your first post...)
You click check, they will verify if it's available and then if you have enough points, you get to the stage where you buy the name.
In my case I didn't have enough points and it prompted me to click on a link to buy points through Allopass or Paypal.

I didn't go further but I went well past the example you give.

I suppose that once you pay, the name you want - if they told you it was available - is automatically given to your site (maybe there's an online form to go through I don't know but I suspect that after you paid or if you have enough points, the domain name is granted to your website).

But first you have to pick a name (an address) and check if it's available.

Like jondoe.com or .net etc.
O.Fan
Forumember

Male Posts : 178
Language : French, English

http://olivianewtonjohn.editboard.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nod32forum777 May 13th 2008, 12:48 pm

Unable to insert new domain information

why i cant do it?
nod32forum777

Male Posts : 18
Language : türkçe

http://www.nod32.forum777.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 13th 2008, 9:37 pm

are you mixing up points with credits. You have to BUY credits..

Drag~

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Killerguitar May 14th 2008, 4:55 am

Wasn't that already answered?

You can check FREE if your domain name is still available. Afterwads you have to PAY to get it. Will now finally someone get it?

AND your POINTS are your RANK in the forumotion index, your CREDITS are those points you can spend to buy stuff. CREDITS have to be BOUGHT (admin panel -> misc -> buy credits), POINTS increase by POSTING and by new Members. I asked that before in a topic. If you'd have made a re-search, you'd have found that topic.
Mr.Killerguitar
Mr.Killerguitar
Forumember

Male Posts : 388
Language : German, English, some indo-european stuff

http://steal-this-site.forumieren.de/

Back to top Go down

Post by admin nongkrong May 16th 2008, 1:44 am

you must buy a point Razz
admin nongkrong

Language : indonesian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 16th 2008, 2:50 am

more than ONE point..

Drag~!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir-Duke May 16th 2008, 2:51 am

actually those are not points those are CREDITS Smile
Sir-Duke
Sir-Duke
Forumember

Male Posts : 584

http://www.smartappsworld.forumn.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.Killerguitar May 17th 2008, 5:32 am

Mr.Killerguitar wrote:Wasn't that already answered?

You can check FREE if your domain name is still available. Afterwads you have to PAY to get it. Will now finally someone get it?

AND your POINTS are your RANK in the forumotion index, your CREDITS are those points you can spend to buy stuff. CREDITS have to be BOUGHT (admin panel -> misc -> buy credits), POINTS increase by POSTING and by new Members. I asked that before in a topic. If you'd have made a re-search, you'd have found that topic.

I report it. Why do you need to write that down all the time
Mr.Killerguitar
Mr.Killerguitar
Forumember

Male Posts : 388
Language : German, English, some indo-european stuff

http://steal-this-site.forumieren.de/

Back to top Go down

Post by TOH May 17th 2008, 6:09 am

Well, sometimes forumotion offers a free domain to forums with a huge community. You just need to check if the one you want is available, ask for it and wait for the forumotions confirmation. Thats the way I've got mine.
TOH
TOH
Forumember

Male Posts : 25
Language : Portuguese, English, Klingon

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles May 17th 2008, 11:39 am

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.

Glad we could help!

Thanks!

Skittles
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down