The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Embed news from portal onto another web page

2 posters

Go down

Embed news from portal onto another web page Empty Embed news from portal onto another web page

Post by the.unko.lema May 4th 2008, 6:48 am

is this possible?

I tried searching but had no luck.

I'm creating a website which the forum is part of.
specifically, I want my news page to look different in appearance to the forums themselves,
thus portal is not suited.

Yet, if i embed news into the other page, I want the other page to update as users post "news" in the forums.

Im using a GUI based web design program, BUT i can insert chunks of HTML, to embed the news into my custom designed page.

It would be nice if i could also change the news' text colour, font, size... to fit with the rest of the page.

I guess this is not so much a forumotion question as a html one...
the.unko.lema

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Embed news from portal onto another web page Empty Re: Embed news from portal onto another web page

Post by the.unko.lema May 6th 2008, 2:50 am

anyone?
the.unko.lema

Back to top Go down

Embed news from portal onto another web page Empty Re: Embed news from portal onto another web page

Post by Guest May 6th 2008, 2:56 am

so, what you are saying is that you want the code for the news block on your site. Then take that code and put it onto another site. And you are hoping that when someone posts on your forum. It will automatically update that code on the other website. I am not sure what code it is you are looking for. But I am sure an Admin or Teck could tell you it!

Drag~

Back to top Go down

Post by TOH May 6th 2008, 3:33 am

I don't know whether I can put the link or not but I think you are looking for this:

http://feed.informer.com/

You can use the RSS feed of your forum to publish the new posts from the entire forum or from a specfic topic. I can give you details if you want.
TOH
TOH
Forumember

Male Posts : 25
Language : Portuguese, English, Klingon

Back to top Go down

Post by the.unko.lema May 6th 2008, 6:02 am

dragonfir731 wrote:so, what you are saying is that you want the code for the news block on your site. Then take that code and put it onto another site. And you are hoping that when someone posts on your forum. It will automatically update that code on the other website. I am not sure what code it is you are looking for. But I am sure an Admin or Teck could tell you it!

Drag~

yes! thats pretty much it!

TOH wrote:I don't know whether I can put the link or not but I think you are looking for this:

http://feed.informer.com/

You can use the RSS feed of your forum to publish the new posts from the entire forum or from a specfic topic. I can give you details if you want.

This doesnt sound bad.... although, I dont want the page to look like an rss feed if i can avoid it.

the second problem is... well does forumotion have rss?
the.unko.lema

Back to top Go down