The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

message in admin panel !

3 posters

Go down

message in admin panel ! Empty message in admin panel !

Post by DanDanUK May 7th 2008, 5:05 pm

I've just received this mesage in my admin panel

Code:
Do never provide your password to anyone, even if this person claims being part of our forum hosting! Beside your forum, only the rescue tools (http://www.forumotion.com/en/utils/) requires the use of your password.

i've clicked the link and added my password but it won't allow me to add my password or user name and to be perfectly honest i'm a little baffled by it all ???

any advice please ?
DanDanUK
DanDanUK
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

message in admin panel ! Empty Re: message in admin panel !

Post by Str8aHEAD May 7th 2008, 6:20 pm

Is it because you are not loged in , or it is some thing that is asking for your password in administration panel ? I am not quit sure I understand a question. Please be more clear , or specified .

Edit: In that link you gave , it says ,,log in'' as i can see , I don't see why you shouldn't log in , its not like giving your password to someone , but don't listen to me right away , wait for other people to leave comment.
Str8aHEAD

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by DanDanUK May 8th 2008, 4:37 pm

Str8aHEAD wrote:Is it because you are not loged in , or it is some thing that is asking for your password in administration panel ? I am not quit sure I understand a question. Please be more clear , or specified .

Edit: In that link you gave , it says ,,log in'' as i can see , I don't see why you shouldn't log in , its not like giving your password to someone , but don't listen to me right away , wait for other people to leave comment.

i can't it won't allow me to !
DanDanUK
DanDanUK
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 8th 2008, 5:52 pm

Not sure if i should say this out loud but hey
The Username is the forum website address and the password is the one you use to log in under

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by majaap May 8th 2008, 6:36 pm

I have bad english, bat I have get the same mesage and I dont nou what it mean.
majaap

Language : srpski

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 8th 2008, 6:56 pm

It means "If you get a message from a moderator or admin from forumotion or something and is requesting your password, you dont give it to them"

The link is for tools for admins and forum founders to use

The Username is the forum website address and the password is the one you use to log in under

Regards

Craig

Back to top Go down