The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Do I Make It So That When People Register I Have To Accept It?[done]

2 posters

Go down

How Do I Make It So That When People Register I Have To Accept It?[done] Empty How Do I Make It So That When People Register I Have To Accept It?[done]

Post by moo moo 8/5/2008, 20:36

As the title says basically..

Am i able to make it so that anyone registering as to go through me so i can stop any random person just joining?

Thanks a lot.

Matt.
moo moo

Language : English

Back to top Go down

How Do I Make It So That When People Register I Have To Accept It?[done] Empty Re: How Do I Make It So That When People Register I Have To Accept It?[done]

Post by Skittles 8/5/2008, 20:40

Go to Admin Panel >> Users & Groups >> User Settings, click on the Admin where you see New Accounts Activation. Make sure you have the settings for the mail, which is the next line down, set to who you want to receive the email.
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

How Do I Make It So That When People Register I Have To Accept It?[done] Empty Re: How Do I Make It So That When People Register I Have To Accept It?[done]

Post by moo moo 8/5/2008, 20:43

Thats a notification.. thats the same thing is that right?

They cant just register and then see everything and all it does is sends me a "notify" email.. it requires me to accept them?

Thanks a lot Smile
moo moo

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles 8/5/2008, 20:48

Exactly.

And yes our answers are the same thing. We just posted at the same time, and apparently IKE has his notification turned off that tells you that someone else has posted while you were typing your reply. Wink
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by moo moo 8/5/2008, 20:49

thanks a lot.. il send a trial one now Very Happy
moo moo

Back to top Go down

Post by moo moo 8/5/2008, 21:01

Gah.. the new member was allowed in straight away without me authorising it..

You see im creating a forum for a game.. This means that other people can get in and see anything.. Is there anyway that i have to ALLOW people to come in or can i not do that?
moo moo

Back to top Go down

Post by moo moo 8/5/2008, 21:03

oh i think i got it Very Happy
moo moo

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles 8/5/2008, 21:05

Good, I am glad you figured it out, and glad we could help. Wink

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.

Glad we could help!

Thanks!

Skittles

If I locked this prematurely, and you need it reopened just pm me, and I will be happy to unlock. Wink
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down