The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personal Albums or Galleries

2 posters

Go down

Personal Albums or Galleries Empty Personal Albums or Galleries

Post by Blossom May 11th 2008, 16:08

Could someone please walk me through how to set up albums for users? I seem to be brain dead at this time and can't figure it out.
Blossom

Female Posts : 23
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Personal Albums or Galleries Empty Re: Personal Albums or Galleries

Post by g7acu May 11th 2008, 20:51

I assume you already have the Gallery enabled.

If not, check admin>modules>gallery>configuration and set to Show the Gallery (plus any other options required in the same list).
Check also the management of the Gallery to control if your users can self-moderate their images etc.

As for users making their own album, they do that themselves by using the "Your Personal Album" link shown in the bottom left of the Gallery page itself. They can create their own album easily from there, plus view others.

PS: If you haven't increased the storage size of your gallery, it might be worth limiting the file size that users can post, otherwise "over enthusiatic" users might quickly fill your 10mb storage. To set a limit, go to admin>modules>gallery>upload and make the size change there. I find setting this to 640 x 480 is more than adequate for image dimensions.
g7acu
g7acu
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Blossom May 12th 2008, 09:26

Thank you - that seems to work! Much appreciated. I bought more storage and have limited the size. Can you answer another question please. Can one individual have more than one album, say one for 'roses' and one for 'carrots' or is it limited to one album per member.
Blossom

Female Posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by g7acu May 12th 2008, 10:39

Having just tried to create a further album, I'm fairly certain there's only one personal album per user available (I'll be happy to be corrected on this though).
g7acu
g7acu
Forumember

Back to top Go down