The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Categories not grouping properly

2 posters

Go down

Categories not grouping properly Empty Categories not grouping properly

Post by gerson May 17th 2008, 8:12 pm

I've been fiddling around with categories for my forum all morning but I just can't get them to work properly.

I'd like for categories to be condensed or separated from other categories in the way the categories are separated from each other here at the forumotion support boards.

I've followed the tutorial in the faq and things just aren't working out for me. All of my forums seem to group into 1 large category no matter what I do..... HELP!!
gerson

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Categories not grouping properly Empty Re: Categories not grouping properly

Post by gerson May 17th 2008, 8:48 pm

ok... 15 views and 0 replies.

Am I not being clear enough?

If you look at the index of these forums you will notice that there is a header for each category, and between each category is a break, or white space. I get nothing like this on my boards. No matter how I set my categories I always end up with 1 large category with no heading/title that lumps all of my forums together.
gerson

Back to top Go down

Post by Adiex May 17th 2008, 9:33 pm

if you dont mind, can you provide us with your forum link? so we can try to find what wrong with it Smile
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1014
Language : er?

Back to top Go down

Post by gerson May 17th 2008, 9:45 pm

sure, thank you!

http://theshard.forumakers.com/index.htm

In the CP I have 2 categories. 1 to house general discussion, the other to house Moderator Discussion. As you can see, the groups are not showing and both forums are lumped into 1 unnamed category. Very annoying. Thank you for your time!
gerson

Back to top Go down

Post by gerson May 18th 2008, 1:39 pm

I say the following with nothing but good will. You guys seriously need to work on customer support. I've asked for help before and been completely ignored, and I've seen it happen to other people.

The reason I urge you to do this is your competitors who currently lack the updated software you provide offer EXTREMELY good customer support; in most cases you're helped thoroughly within seconds-a couple minutes, and they will be offering these exact same forums very.. very soon.

So, if there's anything you can do to make things better in this department, I suggest doing so before you guys get mowed over. Again, this is a sincere suggestion, please don't take it the wrong way.
gerson

Back to top Go down