The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can the site owner knows about members password?

5 posters

Go down

How can the site owner knows about members password? Empty How can the site owner knows about members password?

Post by FireFox™ May 20th 2008, 2:51 am

hello admin, hello guys, i have just to ask this coz i really have problem on changing members status or ranks or anything to change from their profile....

like for example ive got this member who i wanted her to be my moderator. but the thing is i cannot change her status or her rank because i have to find out first her password. or i have to ask first her password.

Mostly what I did on this problem I've been telling them that i have to change their password, before i can change their status. but what they will say to me is " I thought your the owner of this site I thought your the admin of this site how come you dont even know our password?"

It sucks to me hearing those complaints... Can you help me guys?

Question: Is there any posible way to find out their password? i can see only ***** from their profile. Sad

Can anyone answer my question pls..
FireFox™
FireFox™
Forumember

Male Posts : 27
Language : english

http://www.chatx.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How can the site owner knows about members password? Empty Re: How can the site owner knows about members password?

Post by Kodo May 20th 2008, 3:15 am

When you go to change a member's profile, just delete what's in the password field and you'll be able to update whatever you want. By deleting the ***** from the field, you won't do anything to their password.
Kodo

Language : English

Back to top Go down

How can the site owner knows about members password? Empty Re: How can the site owner knows about members password?

Post by CANADIEN May 20th 2008, 3:17 am

Why do you need her password to change her status?
CANADIEN
CANADIEN
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1312
Language : English, French

Back to top Go down

Post by FireFox™ May 20th 2008, 3:33 am

Kodo wrote:When you go to change a member's profile, just delete what's in the password field and you'll be able to update whatever you want. By deleting the ***** from the field, you won't do anything to their password.

hhhmmm thank you soo much! Wink
FireFox™
FireFox™
Forumember

Male Posts : 27

http://www.chatx.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by O.Fan May 20th 2008, 8:12 am

You don't need to know their passwords. The password is private.

You go into the users section and change their status. There's no need to know their password.

Your question sounds very strange...
O.Fan
Forumember

Male Posts : 178
Language : French, English

http://olivianewtonjohn.editboard.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by xn--p-r-i-n-c-e May 20th 2008, 11:18 am

lol..... u dont need to know their pass.... haha.... just go to admin panel > user n groups.. n users n,, u will come to know everything there.. lolzz Laughing
xn--p-r-i-n-c-e
Forumember

Male Posts : 177

http://www.yahoo-underground.all-up.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest May 21st 2008, 1:57 am

yes.. you do not need to know their passes and you can always change them whenever you want.

Drag~

Back to top Go down