The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Limited Admin?

2 posters

Go down

Limited Admin? Empty Limited Admin?

Post by PSPAddict May 25th 2008, 11:23 pm

I'm wondering if there is a setting to make some one an admin but not let them have all the admin privileges? I know it's possible in some Phpbb3 boards but, can we do it on Forumotion?

I want my mods to be able to create boards but not ban members or be able to change member's ranks.
PSPAddict

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Limited Admin? Empty Re: Limited Admin?

Post by Luky May 26th 2008, 9:36 am

You can't edit the permissions of an admin.If you don't want your moderators to be able to ban members go to admin panel=>General=>Configuration=>Security and look for this option "Disallow moderators to ban members". Click on it and make sure this option is set to "Active". Moderators can't change the rank of a member, only administrators can.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Post by PSPAddict May 27th 2008, 4:10 am

But, moderators can't add boards. That's what I'm wanting them to do. So, in order for me not to have to do it every time, I have to make them Admins... I was just wondering if it could be done since I am a partial admin on another board. I can create and delete boards but, can't do much in way of members. So, I know it's possible on some boards.
PSPAddict

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky May 27th 2008, 9:18 am

Sorry but this isn't possible on Forumotion forums. You can't set the permissions for admins.And Moderators can't create a forum, so you or other admins will have to create forums.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down