The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Gallery] How to block "special effects" on pictures?

2 posters

Go down

[Gallery] How to block "special effects" on pictures? Empty [Gallery] How to block "special effects" on pictures?

Post by perca May 30th 2008, 3:12 am

Hello there!

Well, I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section, I was not sure if my question apply to this part of the boards but...

My problem is simple. I just would like to ask if there is a way to block the "special effects" feature on the gallery. If it's not possible to block this option for some people, is there a way to get rid of that option for everybody?

Before I forget... Is it possible to keep picture "rates" hide for members? And is it possible to disallow changing the "rates" given (like, if someone "rate" a picture "4", that person is not allowed to change the "rate" later on at the same picture, but is still able to "rate" other pictures that had not rate before)?

Thank you in advance for the help!
perca
perca
Forumember

Female Posts : 75
Language : Portuguese

http://limestripe.englishboards.com/

Back to top Go down

[Gallery] How to block "special effects" on pictures? Empty Re: [Gallery] How to block "special effects" on pictures?

Post by perca May 31st 2008, 3:15 pm

I tried to mess a lil bit more with the panels and did even create a normal account (no privilegies) for testing the gallery settings. Seens like even when I set the settings to "only groups and admins can edit and upload pictures", normal mermbers can still use the "special effects" feature to mess the picture and save a new copy to the album.

I was looking for making galleries that the members can only comment and rate, but not being able to mess with the pictures (creating copies or saving effects). Is it possible to block the "special effects" for normal mermbers? I was able to turn off the "slide show" but am starting to get desperate about the "special effects thing"... Even when I lock the picture, people can still use the "special effects" on it, I dunno what to do.
perca
perca
Forumember

Back to top Go down

[Gallery] How to block "special effects" on pictures? Empty Re: [Gallery] How to block "special effects" on pictures?

Post by Adiex May 31st 2008, 6:38 pm

hello there,
i try everything also to disable that special effect for normal user but none of them working. so im afraid there is no way to disable it at all. maybe this is bigest disadvantage of forumotion gallery because with all user can access special effect, they can mess up with everybody picture.

but i hope forumotion staff will put an update to fix this thing sooner as posible [Gallery] How to block "special effects" on pictures? Redface
Adiex
Adiex
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1014
Language : er?

Back to top Go down

Post by perca June 22nd 2008, 7:50 pm

Hope they change that setting, it's hard to keep track on who's messing with the pictures, as not everybody stick to "don't touch this" rules >_<
perca
perca
Forumember

Back to top Go down