The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disable the main navigation bar.

3 posters

Go down

Disable the main navigation bar. Empty Disable the main navigation bar.

Post by baratacom May 31st 2008, 5:30 pm

You know, it's the one with the Portal, Index, Gallery, etc buttons; is it possible to disable it on the first page of the forums?

The thing is, I want to make a "cover" page for my forum, mainly explaining some basic few rules in order to barrier a bit unwanted access; I tried using this tutorial to make pure html pages and, while it was possible to make the html pages, the main navigation bar was still there and I could not find anyway to disable it.

Thanks in advance for any help.
baratacom
baratacom

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Disable the main navigation bar. Empty Re: Disable the main navigation bar.

Post by perca June 2nd 2008, 8:55 pm

I tried messing with the portal too and wasn't able to get rid of the header and the main nav bar as well... Looking foward for some guidance on this problem!
perca
perca
Forumember

Female Posts : 75
Language : Portuguese

http://limestripe.englishboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 June 3rd 2008, 4:53 pm

When you create a new html page, set the option "Use page header and footer" to NO. That way you will have a blank html page. Smile

Otherwise, you can add this code somewhere in your html document. This, however, hides also the forum logo:

<style type="text/css"><!--
#page-header{display:none}
--></style>

@perca: This will work also, if pasted into a portal module.
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by perca June 23rd 2008, 6:12 pm

"When you create a new html page, set the option "Use page header and footer" to NO." > sorry for souding retard.. but where is that option?

edit. I found it out.. but I'm with another problem now: when I set a new html as my main page, I lose the link for the boards. The main navigation link and aalso the quick navigation links direct to my new html page, I can't get my boards link back. Is there a way of having a wmpty index but still have the boards navigation on the main bar? or do I have to use the "empty portal" trick to make it work proper?
perca
perca
Forumember

Female Posts : 75
Language : Portuguese

http://limestripe.englishboards.com/

Back to top Go down