The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Administrative Panel doesn't show up

+3
zakir321
mamabear
limekiln2008
7 posters

Go down

Administrative Panel doesn't show up Empty Administrative Panel doesn't show up

Post by limekiln2008 June 2nd 2008, 4:02 am

I conected the forum using Admin and my password and accessed my forum. I then looked for the link 'administration panel' as I was instructed at the bottom of the page. The link was not as described any place on the page. I have looked at all the previous panel questions, there was one that gave instructions to look at the bottom of the logged in page as stated in your previous instructions. There is no 'administrative panel' link. It also took me quite a bit of time to figure out that I needed a different password to log into this forum.

Please help me find the panel

Thanks
limekiln2008

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Administrative Panel doesn't show up Empty Re: Administrative Panel doesn't show up

Post by mamabear June 2nd 2008, 9:38 am

It is at the absolute bottom I have circled it for you. sorry I compressed picture size too much.
but you can still see wher it should be.
Administrative Panel doesn't show up Howtoadmin
mamabear
mamabear
Forumember

Female Posts : 528
Language : English

http://todgrow.forumandco.com/

Back to top Go down

Administrative Panel doesn't show up Empty Administrative Panel doesn't show up

Post by limekiln2008 June 2nd 2008, 4:53 pm

I understand, its not there and I have worked on it including doing another complete forum. It just isn't there.
limekiln2008

Back to top Go down

Administrative Panel doesn't show up Empty Most likely a bug in the program

Post by limekiln2008 June 2nd 2008, 5:43 pm

I also re-logged in several times, refreshed browser and cleared cache and tried a different browser. There is no administrative panel anyplace on the forum page.

I hope you have an answer,

Thanks
limekiln2008

Back to top Go down

Administrative Panel doesn't show up Empty Can anyone help me or is this forum Crap!

Post by limekiln2008 June 3rd 2008, 7:38 pm

The Administrative panel doen't show up. I tried it from another computer and it showed up until I clicked on it and it then went away. I couldn't get it back. My password wouldn't even work.

Thanks For some help
limekiln2008

Back to top Go down

Administrative Panel doesn't show up Empty Re: Administrative Panel doesn't show up

Post by mamabear June 3rd 2008, 8:11 pm

saw this on another threadand copied itin case i locked myself out.
You could try getting in this way and putting it back. dont forget to replace the underlined with your own forum address.
sorry cant remeber who posted it originally.

http://YOUR-FORUM-ADDRESS/admin/index.forum?
mamabear
mamabear
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by limekiln2008 June 3rd 2008, 9:05 pm

The link doesn't Help. I can't believe others are as patient as me and are just skipping the forum. I would suspect hundreds of potenial forum users are just deleting and going there way.
I have been on the computer for 20 years and am good at trouble shooting. This is imposible. The forum developer must have run into this problem before.

Thanks
limekiln2008

Back to top Go down

Post by mamabear June 3rd 2008, 9:16 pm

limekiln2008 wrote:The link doesn't Help. I can't believe others are as patient as me and are just skipping the forum. I would suspect hundreds of potenial forum users are just deleting and going there way.
I have been on the computer for 20 years and am good at trouble shooting. This is imposible. The forum developer must have run into this problem before.

Thanks
what happened when you did that did it get you into your admin panel, so you could work on your forum, or did it do noting at all.?
mamabear
mamabear
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by limekiln2008 June 3rd 2008, 10:01 pm

It just took me into the forum, there was no panel link on the page.

thaniks
limekiln2008

Back to top Go down

Post by mamabear June 3rd 2008, 11:29 pm

This is a wierd one if I add /admin/index.forum?
to the end of my forum address it takes me straight into the main admin page to start editing
I think the technical side are your only hope if this isnt working, admin may know more. I hope youfind a fix, sorry I cant be more help.
mamabear
mamabear
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 June 4th 2008, 3:37 pm

Please provide us with a link to your forum. Also, have you recently played around with the CSS or another settings? Do you use a custom skin maybe?

Besides that, you can use the utilities to log into the admin panel directly. Use your forum adress (or your email you used in creation of your board) as username and the password that you used in creation.
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Administrative Panel doesn't show up Empty No Adminstration panel

Post by limekiln2008 June 4th 2008, 5:11 pm

I haven't played with anything on the board since I can't get into anything. I tried going into the utilities it doesn't recignize my password. here is the link. http://ehs56.darkbb.com

thanks
limekiln2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 5th 2008, 10:58 am

todbear wrote:saw this on another threadand copied itin case i locked myself out.
You could try getting in this way and putting it back. dont forget to replace the underlined with your own forum address.
sorry cant remeber who posted it originally.

http://YOUR-FORUM-ADDRESS/admin/index.forum?
I was the one who originally posted it.

Back to top Go down

Post by mamabear June 5th 2008, 11:16 am

well done corrosion ,
I thought it was you, but I couldnt find the post again to check, so didnt dare writeyour name in case it wasn't, if you know what I mean.
I dont think it helped any.
are you still locked out limekiln?
if you are back in,can you tell us which way worked for you?
mamabear
mamabear
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Administrative Panel doesn't show up Empty Admin Panel dosen't show up

Post by limekiln2008 June 5th 2008, 4:19 pm

Nothing has change. I tried everything, I gave sunny my link yesterday I guess he's looking at it. the link is on my orginal post if youwant to look,

Thanks
limekiln2008

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 June 5th 2008, 6:52 pm

I've looked at the code and can't find anything wrong with it. There must be another reason. Please try the following as well:

- Log out, clear your browser's cache and your cookies and log in again.
- Try to login to the utilities again. Use ehs56.darkbb.com as username and use the password you used when you created your forum, not your current user-password for the forum.

If that still doesn't work, I'll forward this question to our technicians.
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Administrative Panel doesn't show up Empty Admin Panel dosen't show up

Post by limekiln2008 June 5th 2008, 7:29 pm

Tried it before and again still doesn't
Work.
limekiln2008

Back to top Go down

Administrative Panel doesn't show up Empty Admin Panel dose't Show up

Post by limekiln2008 June 6th 2008, 10:20 pm

I guess when something doesn't work they forget you. Why not make it work tech people?
limekiln2008

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 June 7th 2008, 4:45 pm

Typlo wasn't available this week, but he will be back on monday.
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by admputb@hotmail.com June 7th 2008, 7:07 pm

limekiln, you might try the backdoor if your administration panel isn't appearing.
To do that:
1. Sign in as normal with your admin name.
2. Go to a form and choose an existing post by a registered poster.
3. Click on that registered users profile
4. Click on ban this member on profile page.
5. It will take you to the admin sign in and that will allow you to get into administration tools without the administration panel at page bottom.

of course you don't need to ban that member once you are in admin.

That should serve until the techs return.
admputb@hotmail.com
admputb@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow June 10th 2008, 9:44 am

I've just logged on your forum successfully and the administration panel link appears just fine.

Could you provide a screenshot maybe of the issue so I can see what can be wrong ?

Cheers, and sorry for the inconvenience.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by NOclipus June 10th 2008, 11:13 am

Isnt there a problem with firewall maybe? My site logo once wasnt showing up, because the poic name was banner.gif, and everything with banner.* was set to be blocked...
NOclipus

Back to top Go down

Post by itachi2000 June 13th 2008, 2:14 pm

so does anybody have any idea at all why my other admins can't access the panel?oh,and off topic,but why can't my admins change up the points?it only shows a red cross beside the points area.
itachi2000

Back to top Go down