The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I cannot aply any of the themes! (solved)

2 posters

Go down

I cannot aply any of the themes! (solved) Empty I cannot aply any of the themes! (solved)

Post by Gwyneeth June 2nd 2008, 2:19 pm

Hello!

I've been trying for past few days to change the theme on my forum. I've applied one of the existing ones from Hitskin.com, and I changed the pictures as it suited me, but it wont allow me to change the colors!

It gives me the option however, like always, and I do change it, it shows good in the preview, but as I click "Save" everything goes back to what it was before. The colors I chose are there in the color boxes, and the color codes are right, but it just does not show.

Then, I tried to change the whole theme as this one was too dark, I couldn't change the colors. I applied one from the list but it didn't change at all! Again, when I go to the Color management part, everything seems fine, but nothing is showing on the forum. From the new theme only buttons are applied and that's the only thing I really don't need, they're not even in English Sad

Can anyone help me? Everything is now messed up Sad

Thank you!

Oh, the forum is:
www.bettasvijet.forumotion.com

Last edited by Gwyneeth on June 3rd 2008, 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gwyneeth
Gwyneeth

Female Posts : 9
Language : English

Back to top Go down

I cannot aply any of the themes! (solved) Empty Re: I cannot aply any of the themes! (solved)

Post by Skittles June 2nd 2008, 2:37 pm

Which theme are you using?

The reason why you most likely cannot change the colors, the conventional way is because the theme you are using has had it's CSS altered, therefore, it will need to be changed in the actual CSS.

Go to your Admin Panel >> Styles >> Colors >> click on the CSS Stylesheet >> press Ctrl F, you will see a Find window appear at the bottom of your screen, type in Links. Hopefully it will take you to something that will probably look like this.

/* Links-----------------------------------------------------*/
a:link{
color: #26876B;
text-decoration: none;
}
a:visited{
color: #346D8E;
text-decoration: none;
}
a:active{
color: #00324c;
text-decoration: underline;
}
a:hover{
color: #9900CC;
text-decoration: underline;
}

And it continues.

Those colors above are for the text of clickable links. And usually the background colors are listed below that.

You will need the hex color number to change the color listed. For a hex color chart click HERE

See if that gets you the changes that you are looking for. IF not, we can see if Sunny can help you further, as he is one of our best in dealing with CSS here. Wink
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

I cannot aply any of the themes! (solved) Empty Re: I cannot aply any of the themes! (solved)

Post by Gwyneeth June 2nd 2008, 4:01 pm

Right! I never thought it could be the CSS causing this. I know how to change it, thank you!

But, one more question: I did change the theme afterwards, not just colors, and it didn't change, only few buttons did.

The theme I was using (and is still there cause it wouldn't change) is Code Black by Clinton Solidum (Hitskin.com). And I was trying to apply the "Grey Blue" theme from the administration database.

I know I could now change the whole CSS as I please it but it's a long way and I'd really like to just click "Save" on just one theme as it already suites me like it is Sad

Thank you for your fast reply!!
Gwyneeth
Gwyneeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwyneeth June 3rd 2008, 1:50 pm

I got the point, took me a while but hey, better late than never loul

Thanks again!
Gwyneeth
Gwyneeth

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles June 3rd 2008, 4:46 pm

Since this thread appears to be solved, I will lock this thread and mark it as solved.

Glad we could help!

Thanks!

Skittles
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down