The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help...forum is messed up

2 posters

Go down

Help...forum is messed up Empty Help...forum is messed up

Post by Brad38 June 4th 2008, 12:45 pm

I tried to change the skin of my forum to one of the hitskin ones and it messed up my forum. I thought I would be able to return to my old one if I didn't like it but it is not letting me restore my forum to a previous time. All the dates to roll back on are now showing the same changes that I just made.

Is there a way to return everything to a default? I've tried everything to get it back but it appears that my skin design is gone. What's worse is that I can't seem to install a new skin. Everything is defaulting to my old colours and buttons. When you go into the skin section, it used to give you an option for changing colours or everything but I no longer see those options. I tried different browsers, both IE and firefox and those options are gone.

Can someone PLEASE tell me what I need to do. I guess I've lost my forum skin they way I had it which I can live with, but....how do I install a new skin with the colours and buttons that it comes with? My colours that I've selected on my old skin and design just wont leave and this will be the hardest part if I have to start customizing colours all that over again. Sad
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Male Posts : 667
Language : english

http://pigeonchat.forumakers.com/

Back to top Go down

Help...forum is messed up Empty Re: Help...forum is messed up

Post by Brad38 June 4th 2008, 2:25 pm

Something VERY Strange is going on and I really hope that someone can tell me what might have caused this. I have my skin, theme, colours and buttons that I've been fine tuning and using for my forum now for about 2 weeks. Then I decided to see what other skins might look like using the "preview" function in the Admin theme management section. I selected a Hotskin to see how it would look and I've done this many times before and knew I could go back to my old skin if needed. I then saved that new skin and when I went to look at my forum, it was all messed up. The skin had changed, but the colours, buttons and pictures didn't. I then went back to try to restore my forum to the way it was just previous and it wouldn't let me....all the dates that were in there only showed the changes that I just made when selecting this new skin. Also, at one point, my forum looked like a combination of my old theme/skin and the new hotskin I had just selected to install.

I worked on changing this back for a couple of hours at my work last night but nothing seemed to work. I tried using two different computers, one using windows vista, the other XP....I tried both I.E. and Firefox to try to restore and it wouldn't work. I thought I had lost my old theme and was planning on starting over which is why these posts about my forum being messed up and how to change the colours on a new skin.

THEN, I come home expecting that my forum would still be all messed up...and it's NOT! It's the way it was before all of this and I don't understand. I saved the changes, looked at them, logged out of my account, closed the browsers and re-logged back in. Checked the admin and my theme and it was showing it all messed up but not when I came home.

I'm totally confused why this happened...can someone enlighten me? I still want to possibly change my skin to a hotskin, but I'm really afraid to try now. I should be able to select one and use it for bit, but also be able to restore it to the way it was previously....right?

Thanks
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 June 4th 2008, 4:10 pm

I advise you to do a complete reset of your theme. Go to "Styles / Change version" and select only "versions default theme" and save. Clear your cookies and the browsers cache as well. Please read also this topic on how to install a hitskin theme properly: [LINK]
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad38 June 4th 2008, 4:26 pm

Thank you Sunny_D....I will do what you've said.
Brad38
Brad38
Forumember

Back to top Go down