The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Member now banned how do I delete her posts

4 posters

Go down

Member now banned how do I delete her posts Empty Member now banned how do I delete her posts

Post by ellihann June 5th 2008, 4:01 pm

Hello to you all, a member has now been banned from my forum and received a confirmation email advising why. She wishes all her posts to be removed from the forums. Although I've done a search I can't find anything specific as to how to remove them all at once. Can you help please? Thank you in advance.
ellihann
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Member now banned how do I delete her posts Empty Re: Member now banned how do I delete her posts

Post by zakir321 June 5th 2008, 7:31 pm

There is no such an option available. You don't have to delete all posts anyway unless they contain personal data of that user. However you have to delete her account if it has been requested. To do this find and click the username in "Users & Groups / Users" and find the option there to delete. All posts of that member will now be displayed as "Guest"-posted.

Read all details about the obligations of an administrator here.
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Member now banned how do I delete her posts Empty Re: Member now banned how do I delete her posts

Post by ellihann June 5th 2008, 7:48 pm

Thanks for your reply. I've actually spent the last 3 hours deleting her posts/threads! She advised me that she is a moderator on another forum and knows the law that every single detail is required to be removed.....hence I've deleted everything!
ellihann
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 6th 2008, 4:11 am

as sunny said, you only have to delete the posts that contain personal details.

Drag~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir-Duke June 6th 2008, 5:47 am

ellihann wrote: She advised me that she is a moderator on another forum and knows the law that every single detail is required to be removed.....hence I've deleted everything!
what law ??? every forum has its own rules ( not laws) which was written by Admin. So , she misbehaved and u banned her . Where is the problem ? why would you delete her posts ??? THERE IS NO SUCH LAW . so enjoy your forum and forget about her .
Sir-Duke
Sir-Duke
Forumember

Male Posts : 584

http://www.smartappsworld.forumn.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Tai June 10th 2008, 10:44 am

Hi,

I actually have a question like hers that's sort of related to deleting posts of a member. I'm the admin of a school forum, and recently, an unknown user joined the forum and posted a very disturbing post. However, this isn't just any regular post that can be deleted, because I do know how to delete posts.

When I click on the thread that contains the unwanted post, I'm taken to the normal thread for about 2 seconds, when i'm then IMMEDIATELY transferred to another site that contains a picture of three, naked, old men have sex...

I have already banned the member, but when I tried to go through the posts he's made (which is only that one), it also takes me to the same picture. Please, if you can help me, I really appreciate it. and hopefully ASAP, because my forum is a club forum... and this'll be very bad for my club's reputation.

Thank you Sad

PS. If you don't understand what I mean, please refer to my site "www.americanredcross.forumotion.com" and click the subtitle "News" under "Announcements". Then look into the "[6/5/08] Relay For Life "Party" Meeting" thread.
Crystal Tai
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 June 10th 2008, 10:48 am

Please go in your admin panel to "Users & Groups / users / User settings" and disable the option "Allow html". Then you should be able to delete this members posts in the respective threads by clicking the icon above the post.
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal Tai June 10th 2008, 10:51 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! IT WORKED!!!!

you don't know how thankful i am Razz
Crystal Tai
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 June 10th 2008, 11:27 am

You are welcome. Smile
zakir321

Back to top Go down