The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Do I make the thing where the users info is shown on the left when they post a topic or reply? [Solved]

+4
LS x Pure Envy
Skull Candy
Luky
clubfairshare
8 posters

Go down

How Do I make the thing where the users info is shown on the left when they  post a topic or reply? [Solved] Empty How Do I make the thing where the users info is shown on the left when they post a topic or reply? [Solved]

Post by clubfairshare June 7th 2008, 10:25 pm

Is that better Luky?

Last edited by clubfairshare on June 8th 2008, 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
clubfairshare
clubfairshare

Male Posts : 15
Language : English

http://www.clubfairshare.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How Do I make the thing where the users info is shown on the left when they  post a topic or reply? [Solved] Empty Re: How Do I make the thing where the users info is shown on the left when they post a topic or reply? [Solved]

Post by Luky June 7th 2008, 11:04 pm

Hi, your title being non explicit and therefore not facilitating research via the search option, I'm not answering (nor is any other member Wink) until you change your title for an explicit one, related to your problem Wink
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

How Do I make the thing where the users info is shown on the left when they  post a topic or reply? [Solved] Empty Re: How Do I make the thing where the users info is shown on the left when they post a topic or reply? [Solved]

Post by clubfairshare June 8th 2008, 4:33 am

?

Last edited by clubfairshare on June 8th 2008, 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
clubfairshare
clubfairshare

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 8th 2008, 4:39 am

What Luky means is you need to change your title so it describes your problem before anybody is allowed to help you.

Right now "How do I...." doesn't tell us what your problem is about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skull Candy June 8th 2008, 4:40 am

He means to change your topi title to something that matches what you are needing help with, so other members can search this easier and don't make a new thread with the exact thing. Untill you do that, nobody is answering your question.

EDIT: Sorry, I was posting when there weren't more than 2 posts.
Skull Candy

Back to top Go down

Post by LS x Pure Envy June 9th 2008, 3:29 am

I'll do it for you:

'User Info Shown on the Left?'

Could that work for him?
LS x Pure Envy
LS x Pure Envy
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ToTyFruTTy June 9th 2008, 3:57 am

if you are using the third version of forums you should find it here
Control painel -> Styles -> Pictures and Colors - > colors
personnal info > left
save
ToTyFruTTy
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by LS x Pure Envy June 9th 2008, 1:09 pm

Luky wrote:Hi, your title being non explicit and therefore not facilitating research via the search option, I'm not answering (nor is any other member Wink) until you change your title for an explicit one, related to your problem Wink

Um....Read his post Totty.
LS x Pure Envy
LS x Pure Envy
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir-Duke June 9th 2008, 5:25 pm

Cmon ya'll give him a break and just answer the damn question . probably he regreted that he asked that question........
don't make it so damn complicated .
Sir-Duke
Sir-Duke
Forumember

Male Posts : 584
Language : english

http://www.smartappsworld.forumn.org

Back to top Go down

Post by clubfairshare June 10th 2008, 5:48 am

Thanks Sir-Dude!
clubfairshare
clubfairshare

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhonda June 10th 2008, 6:04 am

I know i would have and will most likely prevent others including myself from asking for help because of such (rude) replies. Yikes!
Rhonda

Language : barkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky June 10th 2008, 8:41 am

LS x Pure Envy:Please don't moderate other members, this is reserved for staff Wink

ToTyFruTTy already gave you the answer but I will try to give it to you more precise:
That option is only available while using phpBB 3. If you use phpBB 2 the option will not appear. If you want to switch to phpBB 3 go to admin panel=>Styles=>Choose your style=>Change version and select phpBb 3 then click the Save button. Then go to admin panel=>Styles=>Pictures and colors=>colors and look for this option "Profile's position in the messages" and choose Left or right then click the save button.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir-Duke June 10th 2008, 4:08 pm

Skull Candy wrote: Untill you do that, nobody is answering your question.
LS x Pure Envy wrote:
Luky wrote:Hi, your title being non explicit and therefore not facilitating research via the search option, I'm not answering (nor is any other member Wink) until you change your title for an explicit one, related to your problem Wink
Um....Read his post Totty.
Wow we have new mods here

clubfairshare wrote:Thanks Sir-Dude!
you welcome
Rhonda wrote:I know i would have and will most likely prevent others including myself from asking for help because of such (rude) replies. Yikes!
Mine wasn't rude Wink
Corrosion Explosion wrote:What Luky means is you need to change your title so it describes your problem before anybody is allowed to help you.

Right now "How do I...." doesn't tell us what your problem is about.
R u kidding me ? Cmon look at some other titles help. help needed , problem , portal problem they tell you a lot aren't they? Very Happy + this is not a writing class so you have to come up with title for your essay.
Mods or others can suggest him/her to change the title , but not like this .
Luky wrote: I'm not answering (nor is any other member Wink) until you change your title for an explicit one, related to your problem Wink
you guys are making people regret that they ever asked some question , and trust me if If i would knew the answer to the question , I would just answer.
Luky here is question for you ....Very Happy How many people here use search button ? ? ? Correct . Just a few.
Sir-Duke
Sir-Duke
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic June 11th 2008, 6:14 pm

How many people here use search button ? ? ? Correct . Just a few.

I do, and have found the answer to virtually all problems I have had Very Happy

I do agree Sir Duke, ppl do not need to be so rude, especially when they aren't even mods, however I can understand the mods point, it must be very difficult for them, having so many questions to answer. We could help them out by being a little more specific with our questions Wink
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Female Posts : 709

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir-Duke June 11th 2008, 7:32 pm

yeah sure I agree we need to be more specific and as I said just few people use search button ( you and me ) but if you look at titles almost none of them is specific so . I understand mods point , and I agree with him but they don't have to say that no one will help you untill you change the title, they can suggest him be more specific on title part Very Happy
Sir-Duke
Sir-Duke
Forumember

Back to top Go down

How Do I make the thing where the users info is shown on the left when they  post a topic or reply? [Solved] Empty ATTENTION MEMBER's WHO POSTED & HELPED

Post by clubfairshare June 11th 2008, 9:34 pm

Since this problem is fix ADMIN's or MOD'S please lock this topic and let's celebrate with every member that helped in this forum sign up in my forum, www.... and use your username you used in this topic and i will grant every member that helped 100 CFS points! You can get on-site rewards with this points. I will watch the inactive member's and INSTANTLY activate your account so you don't have to check your e-mail. Thanks!
clubfairshare
clubfairshare

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky June 11th 2008, 9:57 pm

Sir-Duke: We don't want other members to reply to a topic that doesn't have an explicit title because then the member will get his answer but 90% of them won't change there title and the topic will remain with an non explicit one.
clubfairshare: this is considered spamming and is not allowed=>You received a warning
Since this topic appears to be solved, I will lock it and mark it as solved.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Back to top Go down