The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can I make three subforums inside a forum [Solved]

2 posters

Go down

How can I make three subforums inside a forum [Solved] Empty How can I make three subforums inside a forum [Solved]

Post by mamabear June 11th 2008, 8:59 am

Hello thick old woman allert!!!! need help Please.
http://todgrow.forumandco.com/
1, I want to make a forum 'Schools'.
I wish to place inside that a separate forum for each of three local schools
( to which I hope the pupils will make posts on their projects)
I have already made an gallery place for each school with the first project photos
It is just the forum bit?

I have looked for how to do this, I found a few things I didn’t understand, so in very, very basic terms, that an old lady can follow. could someone explain.

2, I already have made a parent and parent governors forum, which I should also like to be a sub forum in the same group.

The finished thing should just show as
Schools, on the home page, but when clicked should show
school 1
School 2
School 3
Parent governors
mamabear
mamabear
Forumember

Female Posts : 528
Language : English

Back to top Go down

How can I make three subforums inside a forum [Solved] Empty Re: How can I make three subforums inside a forum [Solved]

Post by Luky June 11th 2008, 9:52 am

You can do this by going to admin panel=>Forum=>Management=>Categories and forums.If you already made the forums and subforums you want click on this icon How can I make three subforums inside a forum [Solved] Editer next to the the first sub forum that you want.On the next page look for this option "Attached to" and choose The Schools forum that is on the front page.Then click the save button. repeat this with all the other subforums. You can also read this tutorial for more informations
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

How can I make three subforums inside a forum [Solved] Empty Re: How can I make three subforums inside a forum [Solved]

Post by mamabear June 11th 2008, 10:02 am

Thank you so much Luky, I can follow that. Will readthe tutorial too.
I am learning so much from you guys, I am pushing a box of chocs through the moniter screen for you all Very Happy
mamabear
mamabear
Forumember

Female Posts : 528
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky June 11th 2008, 10:08 pm

We thank you Very Happy . Since this topic appears to be solved, I will lock it and mark it as solved.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down