The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kilsek BANNED??

5 posters

Go down

Kilsek BANNED?? Empty Kilsek BANNED??

Post by Guest June 14th 2008, 12:26 am

Hello,

I have just recived a report from kilsek that he has been banned from the support forum. The thing that he thinks that he is banned from is this post...

https://help.forumotion.com/other-problems-f46/mcafee-t19437.htm

I do not belive that this was the right course of action. Kilsek has been here for a long time and knows his stuff. So, he was a bit mad because the techs are lazy, who isn't! Can I get some confermation about this?

travis_cooper wrote:Your post has nothing to do with this thread, and is a personal attack against staff. Considering most of the attacks are really all from you, I don't see why we need to put up with you anymore.

Travis_cooper: You joined the support forum about a YEAR after kilsek. He also has more than double your post count.

Drag~

Last edited by dragonfir731 on June 14th 2008, 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Kilsek BANNED?? Empty Re: Kilsek BANNED??

Post by Nessa June 14th 2008, 12:49 am

No, Kilsek is not banned from the support forum Dragonfir. Smile

He's one of "Us" * looks around * he belongs here. thumright
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 14th 2008, 12:52 am

well, I just got a pm from him on a forum of his and he cannot log on to the support forum, it sais that his account has been banned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 14th 2008, 12:58 am

Well thanks all it seems I am unbanned.

Still dont understand how someone would feel I have ever attacked the staff here.

Back to top Go down

Post by mamabear June 14th 2008, 1:12 am

Kilsek wrote:Well thanks all it seems I am unbanned.

Still dont understand how someone would feel I have ever attacked the staff here.
Very pleased cheers cheers cheers
I couldnt see anything wrong with your post.
mamabear
mamabear
Forumember

Female Posts : 528

http://todgrow.forumandco.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 14th 2008, 1:14 am

glad I could help kilsek!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 14th 2008, 3:08 am

dragonfir731 wrote:glad I could help kilsek!
appreciated!

Back to top Go down

Post by travis_cooper June 14th 2008, 7:54 am

Kilsek wrote:Well thanks all it seems I am unbanned.

Well let me give you a few examples.

Kilsek wrote:The mods here don't know every thing but they do know a bit of a lot. There are one or two that just seem to be here to enforce the rules.
Isn't that what mods are supposed to do. By the way, who are you talking about? As I see it all the mods enforce the rules as well as help answer questions.

Kilsek wrote:There are some new mods here who have got this superiority complex now that they are mods.
I don't think it is a superiority complex, becoming a mod means that we have to enforce rules, whereas before we didn't have to, it is just a matter of a different role.

Kilsek wrote:mods you need to start laying the smack down! And if I am the first one then so be it.
This looks like an open invitation to me.

Those are just three examples of you attacking staff in the last couple of weeks, I'm sure there are many, many, many more. Not to mention everything and anything you can think to say bad about the techs. Its almost like you try to find any chance you get to say something bad about them. I get frustrated with updates as well, there are a few suggestions that I offered when I first started my forum that would make a huge difference in the way things are run there that haven't even been looked at yet. Does this mean we have the right to talk bad about them?

You know I take personal offense to some of the things you have said. When I first created my forum I jumped in as fast as I could helping people out with problems here. Some of the things people asked I didn't even know the answers to yet, but I would take time to go wander around the admin panel, or search for an answer to try and help people out. I figured it was a good way to give back to a service that was offering something to me. I didn't quote it here, but in one of your posts you said you couldn't believe somebody would be made a mod after only a couple of months being here. Well, that is what happened to me, and it wasn't something that I was seeking for. I was approached and asked if I wanted to do this. I decided to do it because I thought it would put me in a position to better help people, and this forum. I was actually enjoying it and I felt like I have been able to help a lot of people. I don't know all the history around here, or at Nessa's forum, but for some reason you get away with more than the typical person here would. Anybody else would have been banned a long time ago for saying half the stuff you say. So while the comments you made in the thread linked above were mild, I was tired of you thinking you can get away with whatever you want. Apparently you still can, even I as a mod have absolutely no control over you. It is situations like this that I wish I wasn't a mod, what is the point. I could go back to helping people like I was before, and not have to deal with people like you. I hate politics, and I think that when politics start to come into play that nothing good can come from it.

I agree that you help people out on this forum as well. I wish that you would stick to that, and do less of attacking people. I couldn't even believe your thread about not attacking the face of forumotion. Maybe you think the techs aren't part of that, but they are. You attack the face of forumotion every time you attack the techs. Like I said, I feel your frustrations when it takes so long for things to get done. Especially since I am a web developer and I can see how things, specifically some of the suggestions I made, could be done very quickly. I think threads trying to find ways to get techs more involved would be beneficial, but talking down on them doesn't help anybody. I wouldn't doubt that some of the distance they put from this forum is due to you, and others, always complaining about them. Nobody likes to hear it, and I'm sure they are busy enough that they can always find something else to work on rather than help somebody that hasn't nothing but bad to say about them. I also understand needing to let out frustrations sometimes, but it seems to be a regular occurrence with you, you even have to put stuff in your profile complaining so it shows up in every single post you make.

A suggestion from me, even though it probably won't mean anything to you; continue to help people, stop attacking staff(techs included), and maybe try to help find a solution to get the techs more involved rather than being part of the problem.
travis_cooper
travis_cooper
Forumember

Male Posts : 698

http://photochallenge.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ce-hub June 14th 2008, 8:03 am

sorry for interupring, but arguements on such will not clearly put you both in ease were just helping here right Wink soo no further chats here close this one ok? and the topic seems to be solved alien peace now!
ce-hub
ce-hub
Forumember

Male Posts : 297
Language : english

http://friendster-network.forumc.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by mamabear June 14th 2008, 8:39 am

This thread has been very enlightening, I have learned a lot about how things are done here, and have taken a mental note for future refference on how to behave.
mamabear
mamabear
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 14th 2008, 1:50 pm

travis_cooper wrote:I get frustrated with updates as well, there are a few suggestions that I offered when I first started my forum that would make a huge difference in the way things are run there that haven't even been looked at yet. Does this mean we have the right to talk bad about them?

kilesk has been waiting for a year longer than you travis_cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 14th 2008, 4:13 pm

@ travis_cooper

Oh edited to add:

even I as a mod have absolutely no control over you.
Being a mod doesn't give you "control" over anyone!

Isn't that what mods are supposed to do. By the way, who are you talking about? As I see it all the mods enforce the rules as well as help answer questions.

Are you baiting me? Now if I mentioned names then someone else will say I am attacking them. I didn't say that the mods don't help and enforce rules. Now you should have quoted the end to that statement. I also said that is my opinion. This is America we are allowed to have opinions.

I don't think it is a superiority complex, becoming a mod means that we have to enforce rules, whereas before we didn't have to, it is just a matter of a different role.

See below, that is a show of a superiority complex.

This looks like an open invitation to me.

Those are just three examples of you attacking staff in the last couple of weeks, I'm sure there are many, many, many more. Not to mention everything and anything you can think to say bad about the techs. Its almost like you try to find any chance you get to say something bad about them. I get frustrated with updates as well, there are a few suggestions that I offered when I first started my forum that would make a huge difference in the way things are run there that haven't even been looked at yet. Does this mean we have the right to talk bad about them?

Well you know they are paid employees, and a paid employee should do thier jobs! I am not saying the don't work at all.

This is America, where we are by law able to speak our minds. I have never outright called names, or disrespected them. After PMs with a couple people that been involved with forumotion longer than I I am understanding the tech a little more.

I don't know all the history around here, or at Nessa's forum, but for some reason you get away with more than the typical person here would. Anybody else would have been banned a long time ago for saying half the stuff you say. So while the comments you made in the thread linked above were mild, I was tired of you thinking you can get away with whatever you want. Apparently you still can, even I as a mod have absolutely no control over you. It is situations like this that I wish I wasn't a mod, what is the point. I could go back to helping people like I was before, and not have to deal with people like you. I hate politics, and I think that when politics start to come into play that nothing good can come from it.

Ok why are you bringing Nessa's forum into this? And as far as you being a mod after only being here 2 months, well I did find that strange, sure.

I don't think i can get away with anything. I try to make my posts informative and yet, make them so I get my point across.

I agree that you help people out on this forum as well. I wish that you would stick to that, and do less of attacking people. I couldn't even believe your thread about not attacking the face of forumotion. Maybe you think the techs aren't part of that, but they are. You attack the face of forumotion every time you attack the techs. Like I said, I feel your frustrations when it takes so long for things to get done. Especially since I am a web developer and I can see how things, specifically some of the suggestions I made, could be done very quickly. I think threads trying to find ways to get techs more involved would be beneficial, but talking down on them doesn't help anybody. I wouldn't doubt that some of the distance they put from this forum is due to you, and others, always complaining about them. Nobody likes to hear it, and I'm sure they are busy enough that they can always find something else to work on rather than help somebody that hasn't nothing but bad to say about them. I also understand needing to let out frustrations sometimes, but it seems to be a regular occurrence with you, you even have to put stuff in your profile complaining so it shows up in every single post you make.

Well we have been trying to get the tech more involved but:

1. they don't speak English (although Typlo does a great job translating)
2. there are posts in the tech forum that have been sitting there with no answers.

Well if they actually didn't take so long fixing errors that are sent to the tech forum or give quality updates no one would complain and they wouldn't distance themselves.

And you are not correct, who make the updates-who built Forumotion? The tech! they are the Foundation! If it weren't for them there wouldn't be Forumotion. They have good people as the face (Caihlem Typlo) taking all the hatred that really should be directed elsewhere!

A suggestion from me, even though it probably won't mean anything to you; continue to help people, stop attacking staff(techs included), and maybe try to help find a solution to get the techs more involved rather than being part of the problem.

To be honest and respectful, after your show of superiority (banning me over really nothing) any suggestions you have for me, mean nothing. I actually had a lot of respect for you as I always found some insight into your posts.

I will always help out the folks here.

Now let me get this straight, my above replies to quoted messages are meant to be respectful, if anyone has issues with it, please pm me and we can discuss it.

And granted, I shall slow it down a bit on the tech. Because and only because we all ( including travis) have stated how frustrating it is with the tech lack of presence and quality updates.

Lets give them some time.

~Kilsek[quote]

Last edited by Kilsek on June 15th 2008, 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa June 14th 2008, 5:55 pm

Well, this thread is filled with everyone calmly voicing there opinions and reasons why I guess we don't all see eye to eye on certain subjects and that fine. I think we can all honestly say , we only want What's best for forumotion and all its members here, correct? Very Happy

Kilsek and Travis, you guys both work so hard on this support forum to make things right ( As well as other Staff and Members ) and help everyone as best you can. And you both do a wonderful job at it. It's most appreciated really. Staff and members here are all very helpful. It's just a shame when conflicts like this occur due to miscommunications really. Kilsek may come off seeming a lil harsh at times here when regarding the techies. But he has always had the best intentions at heart really, he would just like to see more imput from them here as well the French forum, as do the rest of us really. But Kilsek is more the voice of reason about it, and isn't afraid to post and try and get them to step up here and do what's right for all support forums honestly. And I don't exactly think thats a bad thing really. Confused But lets all just always keep in mind we're all on the same side regarding forumotion, not against forumotion and that "IS" what matters most, yes? Very Happy We all love forumotion and would like to see it doing well and all get mad when some one attacks the service or staff here. We the members and staff need to come to terms with the fact that we may not all agree with each other or see eye to eye on things, and thats ok too honestly. We are a huge colorful forumotion family of members, friends and colleagues. All with one common interest in mind, Forumotion. Wink

This forum has become a home spot for me, I'm very proud of all the staff and members here working to try and make this the best support forum it can be. And that means alot to me and everyone who passes this way. My wish is that we can put this issue behind us and move on together, knowing we all have only the best intentions in mind for forumotion.

Kilsek BANNED?? 903745 Can I get a group hug here peoples, pwease? Kilsek BANNED?? Ghug
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by mamabear June 14th 2008, 6:07 pm

Kilsek BANNED?? 98139
mamabear
mamabear
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 14th 2008, 6:17 pm

eew that would be showing I am a caring person.

but I can't cuz Katt is chasing me aint got time for huggies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa June 14th 2008, 6:23 pm

Very Happy That is super Cute Todbear, Thanx Kilsek BANNED?? 801741

Oh Kilsek. You be careful Katt may catch you some day hun. LOL Kilsek BANNED?? Razz1-1
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 15th 2008, 12:22 am

nicly said nessa!

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem June 16th 2008, 7:15 pm

Problem solved, Kilsek and Travis hug up (NOT in front of me than you Kilsek BANNED?? Redface)

=> Garbage
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down