The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moderators Permissions

2 posters

Go down

Moderators Permissions Empty Moderators Permissions

Post by kirkby1red June 15th 2008, 4:08 pm

Can someone help me with this please. Sorry a long post!!!

I have selected 'Moderators' for all the different section of my forum - not individually named ones, just ticked the Mods box.

I have a couple of problems/queries though. Firstly, the Mods cannot make stickies - I have read and passed on the instructions on here in previous queries about this but even so they just see the following details -

Disable HTML
Disable BBCode
Disable Smilies
Attach Sig
Notify me of reply of post
Delete this post

There is no little + icon anywhere.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second query, why do I get different options for different parts of the forum. For example, when I go to

Admin Panel/Forum/Categories and Forums/Permissions I sometimes get 2 pages of permission options -

view/read/reply/edit/delete/vote

and then a second page

open topic/create poll/create sticky/create announcement/calender/moderate.

On other bits of the forum I only get one page of options-
view and read/write and reply/special messages/moderation.

Could this in any way be linked to the problem the Mods are having making stickies.

Sorry its a long and rambling post and hope I have explained it clearly Very Happy
kirkby1red
Forumember

http://www.cockapoo-ownersforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Moderators Permissions Empty Re: Moderators Permissions

Post by Lydia June 15th 2008, 4:25 pm

You have to set special permissions for mods to make stickys. And if you can't even make stickys, then you need to get a new skin.
Hope this helps!
Lydia
Forumember

Female Posts : 163
Language : Canadian, British, American, New Zealandish, Californian, and English.

Back to top Go down

Moderators Permissions Empty Re: Moderators Permissions

Post by kirkby1red June 15th 2008, 4:38 pm

I can make stickies, no problem.

I know you have to set the permissions to allow Mods to do this, and I have done this wherever possible, but as explained above, I do not always get the page displayed (in Permissions) with the option of MAKE STICKIES. I have gone through and ticked the Moderators boxes whenever they appear but the problem still arises.

It seems they can make a sticky in a part of th forum where they are individually named as a Mod for that section, but there is not a blanket permission to allow other Mods to make a stickie just wherever they need to in any part of the forum.
kirkby1red
Forumember

http://www.cockapoo-ownersforum.com/

Back to top Go down