The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Ban and delete all posts from a user?

+2
Uber Lord
vgohyk
6 posters

Go down

How to Ban and delete all posts from a user? Empty How to Ban and delete all posts from a user?

Post by vgohyk June 16th 2008, 3:21 am

Hi all,

I recently got spammers in my forum and it just gives me hell lots of headaches. It is so tedious to delete his/her message 1 by 1. Is there any ways I can delete all at one shot?

What about banning? Can I ban his/her IP address? How do I trace the IP address?

Please help!! beu
vgohyk
vgohyk

Language : English

Back to top Go down

How to Ban and delete all posts from a user? Empty Re: How to Ban and delete all posts from a user?

Post by Uber Lord June 16th 2008, 3:27 am

Uber Lord
Uber Lord
Forumember

Male Posts : 710

http://computerworld.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

How to Ban and delete all posts from a user? Empty Re: How to Ban and delete all posts from a user?

Post by vgohyk June 16th 2008, 3:38 am

Uber Lord wrote:This guide here should help with banning: https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/banning-a-member-t10774.htm

Thanks! I have read that post before I created this topic here.
I still have my doubts as stated in post #1... Sad
vgohyk
vgohyk

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario June 16th 2008, 3:54 am

You have to delete them one by one and or locking them up
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by CANADIEN June 16th 2008, 4:24 am

You can reset the persons post count i believe, and/or posts .
CANADIEN
CANADIEN
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1312
Language : English, French

Back to top Go down

Post by vgohyk June 16th 2008, 5:03 am

Le Canadien wrote:You can reset the persons post count i believe, and/or posts .

But how to? Sad
vgohyk
vgohyk

Back to top Go down

Post by YENI GALUH NURPRATIWI June 16th 2008, 11:39 am

Yess last time I also have same problem...but I just BAN that user IP and delete his post one by one.. beu
YENI GALUH NURPRATIWI
YENI GALUH NURPRATIWI

Female Posts : 10
Language : indonesian

Back to top Go down

Post by vgohyk June 16th 2008, 12:40 pm

YENI GALUH NURPRATIWI wrote:Yess last time I also have same problem...but I just BAN that user IP and delete his post one by one.. beu

How do you ban the user by his IP?
vgohyk
vgohyk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 16th 2008, 12:43 pm

vgohyk wrote:
YENI GALUH NURPRATIWI wrote:Yess last time I also have same problem...but I just BAN that user IP and delete his post one by one.. beu

Copy the IP address first then follow this:
Admin Panel > Users & Groups > Ban Control (left hand column) > Ban one or more IP addresses or hostnames > Paste IP address here > Save

DONE. - IP Address Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by vgohyk June 16th 2008, 1:07 pm

Scamite wrote:
vgohyk wrote:

Copy the IP address first then follow this:
Admin Panel > Users & Groups > Ban Control (left hand column) > Ban one or more IP addresses or hostnames > Paste IP address here > Save

DONE. - IP Address Banned

Oh I do know the steps.
However, my question is, how do I know his IP address?
vgohyk
vgohyk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 16th 2008, 1:09 pm

When he is online, go to your admin panel and on the main page it shows who is online and their ip address along with other information.

Back to top Go down

Post by vgohyk June 16th 2008, 3:55 pm

cool! i got it now. thanks all!

what about delete all posts or selected posts of a user at one shot?
vgohyk
vgohyk

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario June 16th 2008, 4:39 pm

You cant you have to delete them one by one

I know it sucks
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir-Duke June 16th 2008, 5:15 pm

Scamite wrote:When he is online, go to your admin panel and on the main page it shows who is online and their ip address along with other information.
Don't wait for him to be online. just find one of his posts and you can see ip of the poster on top right corner
Sir-Duke
Sir-Duke
Forumember

Male Posts : 584
Language : english

http://www.smartappsworld.forumn.org

Back to top Go down