The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion

Go down

Suggestion Empty Suggestion

Post by Merlin333 June 17th 2008, 6:49 pm

I have 2 suggestions:

1. Add another category instead of gambling/lotteries for my category. These are categories that are the very antithesis of online poker players and is the subject of international litigation as countries argue gambling vs skill in their decision to even allow online poker playing. The US has what amounts to a partial prohibition to online poker playing - that prohibition is fueled by the negative connotation of the word "gambling". Online poker has more adherents than any other category of adult gaming and the demographics and growth curve is still rising. Adding a category for card as well as poker and online will not only be advantageous to forums in this category as well as a major traffic driver - I'm sure that any members who have a forum in this category would prefer to be listed in a category perhaps named cards, poker - not to mention the SEO advantages of being in that category. A new category is more accurately descriptive of the forum and it seems to me the benefits of adding another category far outweighs the difficulty of adding it. Please advise me as to your intentions.

Answer questions /develop a methodology that works. Acknowledge receipt or begin of research of a question - then actually answer them. Your current mechanism is unprofessional and unproductive - many often get no answers or even know that their question has even been seen. Although I have NO part in the management of this organization I even feel badly when I see a forum owner have a serious question, be in dire need, get no help - then a moderator has the nerve to post only Please give a fuller description in the title of your post - when the question was something I answered - this is bad. There are too many curt, derisive remarks in response to questions to the point it seems that the organization is more equipped to post rules than address issues and many of the threads posted to discover issues are locked. This gives an impression that there is no interest in actually being of help. I've seen the only "answer" given to questions be a statement arguing the question itself or its placement with no further answer given. I am a relative beginner and I have given more answers to members than I have asked. I am aware there are moderators who are helpful - I'm sure we all appreciate them. The net effect is one of there not being enough competent help within a system that is not organized in a manner to be effective or efficient. My most recent question was first addressed by a member with so serious an intention to help apologized for taking so long! This is the type of sentiment that should also be stressed, perhaps as a mission statement, by those charged with this function

Merlin333 Cool
Merlin333
Merlin333
Forumember

Male Posts : 147
Language : English

http://www.merlin333.bigforumlive.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down