The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confusion over embedding youtube videos [solved]

2 posters

Go down

Confusion over embedding youtube videos  [solved] Empty Confusion over embedding youtube videos [solved]

Post by akashic June 18th 2008, 11:39 am

Hello Mods

Could you please clarify for me what youtube videos are allowed and those that are not. There are many topics on here all saying different things. On youtube it gives the owner of the video the option of whether to share or not (they get the choice to disable/enable embed feature etc.)

If I come across a video of interest that has no restrictions on it, am I allowed to embed it on my site?
If we are not allowed to embed anything why do we have a you tube option on these sites ?

I have read the rules, so no need to show me any links, the whole thing seems a bit vague. I have a couple of vids on my site, that are of interest to members, posted by members, I checked the source, there are no limits on them or restrictions, however I will be happy to remove them and just put the link.

Could a mod/admin, please reply.

Thank you

Last edited by akashic on June 18th 2008, 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Female Posts : 709
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Confusion over embedding youtube videos  [solved] Empty Re: Confusion over embedding youtube videos [solved]

Post by Guest June 18th 2008, 11:41 am

This Thread might clear things up a bit. This one might also help you.

Back to top Go down

Confusion over embedding youtube videos  [solved] Empty Re: Confusion over embedding youtube videos [solved]

Post by akashic June 18th 2008, 11:50 am

Thank Scamite

This was posted by Caihlem on 22nd September 07

'Forumotion has decided to change it's policies conerning Youtube and Dailymotion videos, plus 2 new tagsconcerning these will sonn be availiable'

I think the confusion lies, in everyone having different opinions. It says we can't embed videos, yet youtube supply embed codes. The poster of the video can turn off that facility so that no one can embed the video. So I assume that the ones with no restrictions and embed codes are available for people to embed on sites or what is the point of supplying the codes ??

* The second link you provided (by Caihlem) was posted before the one quoted above - so not sure what changes to these rules have been made
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 18th 2008, 12:26 pm

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure either. But what I can tell you is that people have had their forums deleted because they embed YouTube videos on their forums.

So just to be safe, link to them, not embed them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa June 18th 2008, 4:52 pm

Hello Hi Akashic, Rules have since changed guys, It is now ok to embed Youtube Videos to your forum. They even made a tag for it. Here Very Happy
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by akashic June 18th 2008, 5:06 pm

Brilliant - thanks Nessa for clearing that up x

I suppose the only thing we need be careful of is the content of the video, thanks again Very Happy
akashic
akashic
Forumember

Back to top Go down