The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Members rights and Groups

3 posters

Go down

Members rights and Groups Empty Members rights and Groups

Post by Kyper Wolf June 23rd 2008, 5:16 pm

I am new to making forums to please bear with my noobness. I created a forum and everything was going cool until someone wanted to post a reply. I figured out that in order for the members of my forum to reply to a message or topic, they needed to be in a group and the group to be given the rights to reply and post.

Is there another way to just give New Members specific pre-determined rights? Say, if someone logs in today, registers and becomes a member...they will have the right of posting without me having to put them in a specific group?

Or in order for new members to make posts, I will have to log in and move them to the group that gives them the rights to post?

Is there a way to make it that when a member registers, to have them automatically put into the group of "members" that way they can make posts?

If anyone has an answer, please let me know...again I am new to this. Thank you.
Kyper Wolf

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Members rights and Groups Empty Re: Members rights and Groups

Post by g7acu June 23rd 2008, 7:04 pm

Kyper Wolf wrote:... I figured out that in order for the members of my forum to reply to a message or topic, they needed to be in a group and the group to be given the rights to reply and post...

I'm puzzled, because once members registered and activated, they can post no problem unless you've restricted a forum for specific groups in forum permissions. Perhaps double check your forum permissions to see what access you've selected for members ...
g7acu
g7acu
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyper Wolf June 23rd 2008, 7:29 pm

You're confused? Heck I'm lost LOL.

Ok, I went into "Reports" and clicked "Configuration".

For Report Status I checked Members.

Then Self Reports I checked Yes
And Report Edit By Users I checked Yes.

Is this what I need to do in order to give all new members the ability to make posts?
Kyper Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumporbump June 24th 2008, 1:31 am

Try clicking the general tab in admin control, then click the catorgories and forums (on the left) then alter the permissions in the sections you want members to post in, its the second one down, members, tick the reply to a message box, then click save, do this to all the sections you want your members to be able to post in.
Thumporbump
Forumember

Language : forumotion

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyper Wolf June 24th 2008, 2:14 pm

All set, thank you all very much.
Kyper Wolf

Back to top Go down