The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cant setup my domain from namecheap.com

3 posters

Go down

cant setup my domain from namecheap.com Empty cant setup my domain from namecheap.com

Post by blakeizcool93 June 27th 2008, 5:40 am

i tried seting up my domain from namecheap.com i just bought it but i cant figure out how its a little different than the faq tutorial namecheap is different and im confused my forum is gamezone-xtreme.top-forum.net and the domain i was trying to setup for it is gamezone-xtreme.com pls help me wat do i have to do to set it up namecheap.com it is different that normal domain sites i cant figure it out
blakeizcool93

Male Posts : 7
Language : english

Back to top Go down

cant setup my domain from namecheap.com Empty Re: cant setup my domain from namecheap.com

Post by blakeizcool93 June 27th 2008, 9:53 pm

bump
blakeizcool93

Back to top Go down

cant setup my domain from namecheap.com Empty Re: cant setup my domain from namecheap.com

Post by zakir321 June 28th 2008, 2:13 am

Probably you should contact the namecheap.com support - I don't have any experience with their admin panel. Ask them if they allow their users to define a CNAME (alias) and where you can find it in their admin panel.
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by blakeizcool93 June 28th 2008, 6:49 pm

here ill give you some screenshots and maybe you will be able to help me i think i have to do something under url forwarding but im not sure what settings yo do
i put my domain under the top blank and my actual default url of my forum on the bottom blank hope that is right but i dont know what to select for each under the drop down menu... see pics below

click to enlarge
cant setup my domain from namecheap.com Rurtuysi8.th
click to enlarge
cant setup my domain from namecheap.com Ufyim0.th

please help soon i need to get this domain setup asap
blakeizcool93

Back to top Go down

Post by blakeizcool93 June 28th 2008, 10:15 pm

bump
blakeizcool93

Back to top Go down

Post by blakeizcool93 June 29th 2008, 12:03 am

i need help! i cant launch my site till i fix this
blakeizcool93

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 June 29th 2008, 2:10 am

Well, I'd say leave the first entry as it was by default (I guess "Adress"?). The second one should be correct though if that is your forumotion address and you have selected CNAME there. Continue with the last steps in our tutorial and you should have connected your board with your custom domain properly. Smile

Apart from that, DON'T send us pm's with links to your thread. Also, please don't bump your thread more than once every 24 hours!
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by blakeizcool93 June 29th 2008, 6:46 am

cant setup my domain from namecheap.com Rtguryykd2

its working so far
blakeizcool93

Back to top Go down

Post by The Godfather July 23rd 2008, 10:56 am

hello,

did you did it or do you steal have this problem?
The Godfather
The Godfather
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down