The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can I prevent my Mods from being able to edit my Announcements?

5 posters

Go down

How can I prevent my Mods from being able to edit my Announcements? Empty How can I prevent my Mods from being able to edit my Announcements?

Post by Sooz June 29th 2008, 1:33 pm

I have just discovered (though signing myself up as a mod) that my Moderators have access to edit my posts in the forums they have permission to Moderate. This means if they edit an Announcement, which only Admin have permission to post, it becomes a normal thread.

Can I stop them editing my posts completely or even just prevent them editing Announcements?

Thanks
Sooz
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

How can I prevent my Mods from being able to edit my Announcements? Empty Re: How can I prevent my Mods from being able to edit my Announcements?

Post by Guest June 29th 2008, 1:37 pm

mod can edit posts

Back to top Go down

How can I prevent my Mods from being able to edit my Announcements? Empty Re: How can I prevent my Mods from being able to edit my Announcements?

Post by timsmrs1 June 29th 2008, 1:45 pm

i have done this with my mods, its very long winded and you have to do it for each individual section...

go to

admin panel
general
forums
click the yellow wheel for the forum/section you want to modify
pemissions
make sure youre using advance mode and click the 'edit its own message'
timsmrs1
timsmrs1
Forumember

Female Posts : 261
Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 29th 2008, 1:48 pm

blackeye i dont think that will work because it will stop everyone from edting there own messages

Back to top Go down

Post by Sooz June 29th 2008, 1:50 pm

Am I supposed to be toggling the 'edit own messages' on or off and if so who for me or the mods? Ta
Sooz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by timsmrs1 June 29th 2008, 1:59 pm

spook wrote:blackeye i dont think that will work because it will stop everyone from edting there own messages

not if you uncheck the moderator box - i have sections on my forum where members cant edit their own messages and that includes mods too
timsmrs1
timsmrs1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by timsmrs1 June 29th 2008, 2:01 pm

Sooz wrote:Am I supposed to be toggling the 'edit own messages' on or off and if so who for me or the mods? Ta

thats how i did it, and it was for the mods

i have a recycle bin section to save messages being deleted, and mods cant edit anything in that section
timsmrs1
timsmrs1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 29th 2008, 2:02 pm

but they will be able to edit in other forums mmmm i wouldn't use this for my forum sometime people need to ebit there post because of typos and mistakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sooz June 29th 2008, 2:10 pm

I dont need to prevent them editing their OWN posts, I need tostop them editing MINE as Administrator, I was suprised the default option allows them to do this confused
Sooz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 29th 2008, 2:14 pm

i dont think you can stop them

Back to top Go down

Post by timsmrs1 June 29th 2008, 2:14 pm

if you cant trust one of your mods not to edit your posts, (in my opinion) i wouldnt use them as a mod - if youre worried about them misusing the option to edit, id take it off them (but thats my opinion)

you work hard to run your forum, so you need mods you can trust

sorry i couldnt help you more, good luck with sorting it (im having a mod problem myself at the mo, theyre not showing up, grrrr)

Very Happy
timsmrs1
timsmrs1
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sooz June 29th 2008, 2:27 pm

I trust the ones I have now as they are close frinds but in future there will probably be others that I don't know 'in real life' as it were. It would be nice to stop 'accidents happening' in advance.

Ah well, off to edit the Mod Code of Conduct again.

Thanks anyway guys Smile
Sooz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kjmj14 June 29th 2008, 2:35 pm

There's no solution for that. But here's a hint how to make your announcement stop being edited by mods, just choose a person that you can trust or a neighbors of your's that won't edit or replace your announcement. Choose carefully! If I were you. But for me, if i were to choose a mods, i will choose my cousin because I know that I can trust on them.

Hope this help you a lot.

loul
kjmj14
Forumember

Male Posts : 795

http://kjmj14.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nimiel June 29th 2008, 2:42 pm

do not make them mod in that certain forum.. well.. that's the solution =_=
nimiel
Forumember

Male Posts : 519

http://www.funstuff.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir-Duke June 29th 2008, 9:05 pm

check the permissions and thats it .
Sir-Duke
Sir-Duke
Forumember

Male Posts : 584

http://www.smartappsworld.forumn.org

Back to top Go down