The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vote for best looking forum here! THIS TOPIC CLOSED!

+7
piprees
spiritcharms
nimiel
Skittles
kylesmummy06
Nazar
zinex
11 posters

Go down

Vote for best looking  forum here! THIS TOPIC CLOSED! Empty Vote for best looking forum here! THIS TOPIC CLOSED!

Post by Guest July 4th 2008, 1:27 pm

Ok please given a little explanation why you vote for who you do.

Match 1: Sharing Friendhood vs. Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Match 2: Mummy's world vs. Save VMK Today

Match 3: Le Canadian vs. Millsberry Forum

Match 4: Staffordshire Bull Terrier vs. The Realm

Match 5: bye: Geek Police vs. Support Forum

As you can see there will be a odd number of forums after first round of voting. So in the second and LAST round of voting we will do the voting via a poll and we will decide a winner by the percentage of the votes. If there is a tie we will do a vote off between the two.

Last edited by Kilsek on July 19th 2008, 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Vote for best looking  forum here! THIS TOPIC CLOSED! Empty Re: Vote for best looking forum here! THIS TOPIC CLOSED!

Post by Guest July 4th 2008, 2:10 pm

Match one: Can't vote
Match 2: Ignoring the lack of content on VMK (it is a new forum) Both forums are nicely laid out. Mummy's world background image is a bit hard to read but again nicely laid out. Too bad we can't access the posts to see the images.

Winner: Mummy's World

Match 3: This one was tough to decide. But the layout was better and the colors weren't so bright on my eyes. In a narrow win:

Winner: Le Canadian

Match 4: This one took a long time to decide as both forums are simply awesome. But I chose the winner based on the extra effort on the images.

Winner: The Realm.

Match 5: Both forums are awesome! But i chose the winner because the banner is the proper size of the forum's width and doesn't cause you to scroll.

Winner: Geek Police

Back to top Go down

Vote for best looking  forum here! THIS TOPIC CLOSED! Empty Re: Vote for best looking forum here! THIS TOPIC CLOSED!

Post by zinex July 4th 2008, 4:35 pm

Match one Winner: Sharing Friendhood

Reason: I found it easier on the eye, sorry kilsek i know your forum is great, especially in content, but the actual look of it, the background i found made it quite hard to read the text. Sharing friendhood's portal could be better, but the forum itself is very clear and easy to read. Theme wise, its not bog standard but doesnt take long to load, i found a bit of a delay with yours kilsek, though could be my computer.

Match 2 Winner: Save VMK Today

This forum won because, simply, it is much easier on the eye and much more professional looking than mummys world, in my opinion. Mummys world is way too bright, you cant read the sites description or the header titles on the portal, and its very cluttered. Both have FAR too many forums in my own opinion again, but VMK won out purely because i could at least read them easily. Sorry kylesmummy you have a great member count so i am sure your members like it xx

Match 3 Winner: Le Canadian

I simply loved the look of this forum, very clear theme that goes with the nature of the forums, not overcrowded, well presented, unique looking.

Match 4 Winner: The Realm

This was NOT an easy choice, i loved both the forums, but i felt the realms look was that little bit more unique a theme. that was the only reason it won out in the end.

Match 5 Winner: The Support Forum

I dont really feel the geek police theme goes as well together as forumotions but it could just be that i am so used to the support forum. I think there has been more done to the support forum to make it look more unique, such as the addition of picture images in the forum descriptions and the logo is better.

(can i just add i think all your forums are great, every single one, and i know how rubbish it is when someone says something negative, so i just wanted you to know that!)
xxx
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazar July 4th 2008, 4:46 pm

Match 1: Can't Vote

Match 2: Save VMK Today
Reason: Mummy's World seemed to clustered up, and it was to bright like zinex said, the reason why Save VMK Today won was because it did look more organized, neat and clean.

Match 3: Le Canadian
Reason: Looked more organized and the theme matched more than Millsberry Forum.

Match 4: The Realm
Reason: The forum looked more organized also.

Match 5: Support Forum
Reason: The theme was perfect, the colors are perfect, and everything about it looks perfect. Geek Police would look more better if everything fit together, but is still a nice forum.

-Nazar
Nazar
Nazar
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1315
Language : Nazorian

Back to top Go down

Post by kylesmummy06 July 4th 2008, 7:24 pm

Sorry members were unsure about showing posts as they have pictures of kids in there signatures and didnt want anyone seeing them Sad

Heres my votes
Match 1: Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons loved tha layouts was a bit hard to see as colours hurt my eyes. Sharing Friendhood seemed very nice etc but colours were not soo good for me

Match 2: cant vote

Match 3:Le Canadian for the plain and sympol fact i couldnt see any of Millsberry Forum alght it looked very nice colourfull couldnt access anything

Match 4: Staffordshire Bull Terrier as i could read the writing a lot more then The Realm as it was more fancy writing which made it harder for me to read

Match 5: Support Forum very easy to get around and read and goes well where as Geek Police seemed too bright and made my eyes hurt a lot
kylesmummy06
kylesmummy06
Forumember

Female Posts : 782
Language : english

http://mummysworld.8forum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 6th 2008, 12:35 am

Ok this topic is only for voting. not random chatter.

Either vote or dont post. The mods are allowing this to happen so don't ruin it by spamming!

and another thing you can vote on the other matches just not the one that your forum is in!

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles July 6th 2008, 2:07 am

Kilsek is right!

Please stop spamming in this thread as it is meant for voting only!

Kilsek since this is your baby, do you want a separate thread for comments regarding the votes? If so, I can create it and move the spamming threads out of here for you. Otherwise I can send them to the trash. Wink Just let me know, either here or pm. Wink

Edited to add...spam posts have been split off and trashed. As per Kilsek's wishes. Wink

Last edited by Skittles on July 8th 2008, 6:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by nimiel July 6th 2008, 9:53 am

Kilsek wrote:Ok please given a little explanation why you vote for who you do.

Match 1: Sharing Friendhood vs. Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons

Match 2: Mummy's world vs. Save VMK Today

Match 3: Le Canadian vs. Millsberry Forum

Match 4: Staffordshire Bull Terrier vs. The Realm

Match 5: bye: Geek Police vs. Support Forum

As you can see there will be a odd number of forums after first round of voting. So in the second and LAST round of voting we will do the voting via a poll and we will decide a winner by the percentage of the votes. If there is a tie we will do a vote off between the two.

Match 1: Sharing Friendhood
Match 2: Mummy's World
Match 3: Millsberry?
Match 4: Staffordshire

PS. hey.. why is my forum not here? my design is good.. lol.. just look at mine Hello
nimiel
Forumember

Male Posts : 519

http://www.funstuff.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 8th 2008, 2:43 am

Voting thus far:

Match 1: Sharing Friendhood winning 2-1

Match 2: Tied 2-2

Match 3: Le Canadian 4-1

Match 4: The Realm 3-2

Match 5: Support Forum 4-1

Back to top Go down

Post by kylesmummy06 July 8th 2008, 11:17 am

nimiel You had to haominated it in the other thread there was
kylesmummy06
kylesmummy06
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 14th 2008, 1:01 am

OK voting will end this friday!

come one folks vote!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 14th 2008, 1:05 am

where do I vote.

Back to top Go down

Post by kylesmummy06 July 14th 2008, 12:39 pm

here you choosse one of each and post here
kylesmummy06
kylesmummy06
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by spiritcharms July 15th 2008, 12:14 pm

great idea this, when are you going to do it again cos id like to enter next time as i am quite proud of my forum and could be in with a chance Very Happy

http://spiritcharms.nice-topics.com/index.htm

claire
spiritcharms
spiritcharms
Forumember

Female Posts : 289
Language : English

http://spiritcharms.nice-topics.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 16th 2008, 8:11 pm

dragonfir731 wrote:where do I vote.

In this topic knucklehead! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by piprees July 17th 2008, 4:31 am

Kilsek wrote:Ok please given a little explanation why you vote for who you do.

Kilsek wrote:Ok this topic is only for voting. not random chatter.

Either vote or dont post. The mods are allowing this to happen so don't ruin it by spamming!

and another thing you can vote on the other matches just not the one that your forum is in!

Eh whats that all about then, was about to vote till i read that, double standards man

Sorry people some nice sites there as well, including kilsek's
piprees
Forumember

Male Posts : 57

http://templar.warsforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 17th 2008, 6:04 am

Kilsek wrote:
dragonfir731 wrote:where do I vote.

In this topic knucklehead! Razz

Camping at crater lake has taken a toll on my brain!

Back to top Go down

Post by p4p July 18th 2008, 5:17 am

so far voting for sharingfriendhood
nice set up.easy to read. Graphics look good. Not overdone or underdone.Just right.If i were going around checking out forums and stopped by this one would definitely post. Appears friendly too. that's always a plus.
p4p
p4p
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by mamabear July 18th 2008, 10:10 am

here is my vote

Match 1: Sharing Friendhood
Match 2: Mummy's World
Match 3: Millsberry?
Match 4: Staffordshire
mamabear
mamabear
Forumember

Female Posts : 528

http://todgrow.forumandco.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 19th 2008, 12:40 am

Last day for voting.

Tommarow morning eastern USA time the final three will be listed

Back to top Go down

Post by vs tyrant July 19th 2008, 5:16 am

I vote for the support forum all around, since it is the only site that will load properly today!
vs tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa July 19th 2008, 3:01 pm

Topic close as per Kilsek's request. Wink

=>Locked
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203

Back to top Go down