The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Move a POST ?

2 posters

Go down

How To Move a POST ? Empty How To Move a POST ?

Post by J.B. July 8th 2008, 1:53 pm

(I did a search on this subject here today, but I could not find it previously.)

Please, how do you move an individual post from one thread to another thread where it belongs?

Thanks! Very Happy

Another similar question here says to "split" a topic, etc. I did not understand.
J.B.
J.B.
Forumember

Male Posts : 41
Language : English, Spanish, French, Arabic, Porteguese

http://www.muzzlefree.com

Back to top Go down

How To Move a POST ? Empty Re: How To Move a POST ?

Post by Luky July 8th 2008, 2:09 pm

In order to move a single post from one topic to another you need to do this:
1.Go to the topic you want and click the Split button or choose "Split this topic" from the "Quick mod tools" menu. For more info about those options read this tutorial
2.Check the post you want to split, choose a name for a new topic and a location for it then click the "Split selected posts" button.
3.Go to the new topic you created (it will have just the post you want to ad in another topic) and click the "Merge" button.
4.Choose the topic where you want to have that post and then click the Send button.
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

How To Move a POST ? Empty Re: How To Move a POST ?

Post by J.B. July 8th 2008, 2:11 pm

Thanks! I now see the icons.

In addition to what you described (about SPLITTING a topic) I also see another icon with an arrow, that allows an individual post to be moved immediately to another place directly.

I moved it with no trouble exactly as I wanted to, and I will save these instructions for later. Thank you.

The tutorial is a lifesaver.
J.B.
J.B.
Forumember

Male Posts : 41
Language : English, Spanish, French, Arabic, Porteguese

http://www.muzzlefree.com

Back to top Go down