The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to make personalized picture for link bar?

3 posters

Go down

How to make personalized picture for link bar? Empty How to make personalized picture for link bar?

Post by dannitaxoxo July 9th 2008, 3:14 am

Hi, sorry if my title made no sense, i didn't know how to title it or what that little picture in the link bar was called...

Well anyway, to get on with the question i was wondering how to make a personalized picture for my link bar like this website.

http://shadowclan.bigforumpro.com/

Notice in the Url/Link(Whatever you wanna call it) Bar there is a little black and red picture that has the initials SC, well i was wondering how i could make one of those for my webby.Please reply ASAP Thanks Smile

I Hope That Made Sense...
dannitaxoxo
dannitaxoxo
Forumember

Female Posts : 53
Language : English + Spanish

Back to top Go down

How to make personalized picture for link bar? Empty Re: How to make personalized picture for link bar?

Post by Saurus July 9th 2008, 3:18 am

That is called a "favicon." You can go to the following address and create one for your site there for free. Be sure to follow the directions, and you will have to upload the graphic to a hosting service.

Favicon generator
Saurus
Forumember

Male Posts : 789
Language : english

http://sunrisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How to make personalized picture for link bar? Empty Re: How to make personalized picture for link bar?

Post by dannitaxoxo July 9th 2008, 3:30 am

Thank you Sooooooo much i'll try that right now, i have been trying to figure it out for a while. LoL
dannitaxoxo
dannitaxoxo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Saurus July 9th 2008, 5:15 am

dannitaxoxo wrote:Thank you Sooooooo much i'll try that right now, i have been trying to figure it out for a while. LoL

Not a problem. Enjoy:)
I guess I should add that the snippet of code they give you should be added to your CSS page. Also - if you need a editing program to resize a graphic to the required size, get Irfanview. It's freeware and excellent.
Saurus
Forumember

Male Posts : 789
Language : english

http://sunrisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dannitaxoxo July 9th 2008, 7:07 am

Thank you, i was planning on asking where it went LOL, well, ummmm, sorry this may be a very blonde question but where is the CSS page??
dannitaxoxo
dannitaxoxo
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Nazar July 9th 2008, 7:21 am

You go to admin panel, display, then go to colors and you should see the ccs right beside it

-Nazar
Nazar
Nazar
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1315
Language : Nazorian

Back to top Go down

Post by dannitaxoxo July 14th 2008, 1:41 am

Thankies.
dannitaxoxo
dannitaxoxo
Forumember

Back to top Go down