The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Improvements for the GFX forum - need feedback

2 posters

Go down

Improvements for the GFX forum - need feedback Empty Improvements for the GFX forum - need feedback

Post by Jalokim July 9th 2008, 11:02 am

Ok guys, recently the gfx staff and Caihlem (and other staff) have been discussing the point of some forums that we have in the GFX category.

This is what we have so far:

First , the staff thinks there is a need for a "show off" forum. In this forum members would post their signatures and anything else that they want to show off. At least you guys won't trash the proposals...

Second :: We don't really see a point in the gallery section of the forum. Do you guys actually search through all those threads looking for images that you might like?

Thirdly the proposals ... the quality of the images are really low, and most images that get to the gallery barely make it. So what do we need it for? Do you guys want it?

None of the above points are confirmed and the last 2 are in discussions stages. I have decided to ask the members... what do you guys think?
What would you change? You don't have to follow the 3 points I added... maybe you have better ideas or suggestions. It would mean a lot if you guys added you views. We are working to update our help forum, due to our new additions and so on, but we'd need some additional input. So yeah ... the floor is open... lets hear the suggestions.
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Improvements for the GFX forum - need feedback Empty Re: Improvements for the GFX forum - need feedback

Post by Guest July 9th 2008, 11:58 am

Hi Jalokim,

Before I start, I must say that these are all my own personal opinions and are taken from nowhere other than what I think.

====

I think that a show-off forum would be great. I think that the forum needs a place for it's members to be able to show off their creations. As you said, it would prevent the Proposals forum being trashed with un-necessary graphics.

I do not wish for the Gallery to be removed. I use the gallery quite a bit, and I think it is a nice feature. It is a place where I can go and I know that there is nothing but quality graphics free for use on our forums. Don't remove it.

I do believe the board needs a place for people to deposit their creations, have them looked at by a Graphics Designer, and if good enough, moved the gallery. If the proposals forum is deleted, then how are we to let other members take our creations? If the proposals forum is removed, then something needs to be put in it's place so members can let others see their quality images.

====

If I may add my own suggestion. I think that if a forum is implanted where members can drop off their creations, which will then be viewed by Graphics Staff (and possibly some specially chosen and active members of the board) who will make the decision as to whether the creation(s) is moved to a gallery. If the creations are denied, then the creations are deleted.

====

Again, let me say that all of the above are my own personal, honest opinions.

Back to top Go down

Improvements for the GFX forum - need feedback Empty Re: Improvements for the GFX forum - need feedback

Post by hellboy999 July 9th 2008, 7:12 pm

i totally agree with the show-off forum, it helps the new artists by comments of experienced people. Also it's easy to moderate for staff members.

I think the gallery should not be removed, though it's not very good organized... maybe we could add a index with a example of every creation.

I want the proposals section, but i suggest that only the best creations should be moved to the gallery, so be more stricter...
this would also reduce the stuff in the gallery and it would be easier to organize.

Smile
hellboy999
hellboy999
Forumember

Male Posts : 764
Language : german,english

Back to top Go down