The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do i change the link when you click on the logo.

+2
will-is-peter
kingmac
6 posters

Go down

How do i change the link when you click on the logo. Empty How do i change the link when you click on the logo.

Post by kingmac July 11th 2008, 2:12 am

Ok, you guys know the logo on top of your forum, well when you click on it, it takes you to your forum home, but i have different images on my logo that i would like to image map so when you click on a part of the logo you go to a part in my forum, is there any way to change the code so the link can be different on my logo?
kingmac

Language : english

Back to top Go down

How do i change the link when you click on the logo. Empty Re: How do i change the link when you click on the logo.

Post by kingmac July 11th 2008, 11:33 am

PLEASE SOME ONE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kingmac

Back to top Go down

How do i change the link when you click on the logo. Empty Re: How do i change the link when you click on the logo.

Post by will-is-peter July 11th 2008, 7:14 pm

i wish I knew
will-is-peter
will-is-peter
Forumember

Male Posts : 131

http://peterthemagnificent.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sakura1 July 11th 2008, 7:58 pm

Oh i get what your saying, i have done that before.

I gotta remember how i did it now...
Sakura1
Sakura1
Forumember

Female Posts : 212
Language : Japanese and English and French and Spanish and German

http://www.randomtown.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingmac July 11th 2008, 8:09 pm

well please when you think of it help me i just wat to change the link when you click on my forum logo
kingmac

Back to top Go down

Post by kingmac July 11th 2008, 8:20 pm

plz i need this done before sunday!
kingmac

Back to top Go down

Post by kingmac July 11th 2008, 8:27 pm

PLZ SOMEONE HELP ME Sad
kingmac

Back to top Go down

Post by kingmac July 11th 2008, 8:41 pm

Sad
kingmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim July 11th 2008, 10:58 pm

the header can only redirect you to the forum index, you can't change it
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by Saurus July 12th 2008, 2:16 am

In order to make an "image map" for a graphic, you need to use software such as MapMaker, or some other programs. The program will provide you with html code that would need to be entered on a site. This code can be extensive, depending on how many pieces of the image you use as links. I used image maps on a few websites many years ago and they were a real pain.

I'm not an expert with Forumotion, but I would doubt there is anyway you could incorporate code like that into your logo code. In fact I'd be pretty sure you can't.

You might, repeat MIGHT, be able to do it using a portal page, but again - I'm not expert enough with Forumotion/phpBB to say for certain.
Saurus
Forumember

Male Posts : 789

http://sunrisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vikingdriver July 13th 2008, 12:13 am

The Portal page is pre-formatted so again No, you won't be able to go that route. One route you can go through is to create your own HTML page and load it up. One other way you can do this is by using your "Header space" (known on Forumotion as the "Homepage Message") with another Mapped Logo. What you do is leave your original logo area blank. Now the bad thing about doing it this way is that your Nav Bar will now be above your Logo instead of below it.

These are just some thoughts here, but please realize that you are limited to some extent as to what you can do on Forumotion.
vikingdriver
Forumember

Back to top Go down