The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

web hosting probelm

2 posters

Go down

web hosting probelm Empty web hosting probelm

Post by acid2k1 July 15th 2008, 3:01 am

hello
i just won a 1yr free hosting and too day they sent me a email saying your hosting is setup and so on and at the botton it says if you own a domain but not hostting with us you need to update your dns and they give me these then cp1.xapped.com cp2.xapped.com and it says you need to contact your domain host to change it i dont know much about hosting and domains so could you please give me a tutorial or something.
thanks
p.s my domain is firmware2k1.com i bought it for 1600points i think.
acid2k1

Language : english

Back to top Go down

web hosting probelm Empty Re: web hosting probelm

Post by Saurus July 15th 2008, 3:59 am

Short for Domain Name System (or Service or Server), an Internet service that translates domain names into IP addresses. Because domain names are alphabetic, they're easier to remember. The Internet however, is really based on IP addresses. Every time you use a domain name, therefore, a DNS service must translate the name into the corresponding IP address. For example, the domain name www.example.com might translate to 198.105.232.4.

The DNS system is, in fact, its own network. If one DNS server doesn't know how to translate a particular domain name, it asks another one, and so on, until the correct IP address is returned.

They are telling you that once your domain name is assigned to a specific IP address, it will take anywhere from 4 to 24 hours to propagate through the Internet so it is fully recognized.
Saurus
Forumember

Male Posts : 789

http://sunrisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

web hosting probelm Empty Re: web hosting probelm

Post by acid2k1 July 15th 2008, 4:21 pm

thanks saurus but how do i change my hostting i want to go with urlfreedom. but in the letter it says you need to update your dns cp1.xapped.com cp2.xapped.com i dont know how to update my dns i dont know where it is anyway so could you please help me sort this problem.
this is the email they sent me web hosting probelm Untitled-2
could you please help me sort this problem out.
thanks
acid2k1

Back to top Go down