The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the subforums are very confusing.HELP!

2 posters

Go down

the subforums are very confusing.HELP! Empty the subforums are very confusing.HELP!

Post by p4p July 15th 2008, 3:11 am

we are considering changing the forums to Categories and see if that doesn't solve the problem.
But how?
how do you change a forum to a category without losing the posts?
The subforums are very confusing for everyone(moi included).
We probably should have made each one a category of its own to begin with.We didn't realize.
Now how to do it!
is there some other way to fix this? In fact one of the forums picks up the posts of the forum below it. I kid you not.
So we were thinking if we did organize the forums as categories in themselves that might solve that problem.
If you need to see this pls let me know.I'll post a link or take a screen shot.

Last edited by p4p on July 15th 2008, 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)
p4p
p4p
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

the subforums are very confusing.HELP! Empty Re: the subforums are very confusing.HELP!

Post by Saurus July 15th 2008, 3:26 am

I don't recall seeing your original "problem", but the issue of categories and groups should really not be too confusing. It is simply "organization" of topics. So a Category should have forums in its sub-structure that relate to the theme of the Category.

I'm pretty sure (I'm not exactly willing to risk trying it myself) That you cannot change a Forum to a Category. What you CAN do, without losing everything, would be to add a new Category and Forum under it, and then MOVE your existing topics to that Forum. After all that is done - and it would probably be very time consuming - just delete the old forums.

The process should be simple if one reads the FAQ. You create a Category, then you add a Forum or Forums under it in the hierarchy. That is the only way you can have any organization at all.
Saurus
Forumember

Male Posts : 789
Language : english

http://sunrisers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down