The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using the same forum skin as others

2 posters

Go down

Using the same forum skin as others Empty Using the same forum skin as others

Post by ChessMaster 8k July 16th 2008, 7:45 pm

Hello,

When I begin creating my forum, is it ok to use the same skin that others have used?

In other words I want to use the skin from the Wii Rush forum. Is it ok for different forums to have the same skin? Or do I have to choose a different skin for my own forum?

Thanks.
ChessMaster 8k
ChessMaster 8k
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Using the same forum skin as others Empty Re: Using the same forum skin as others

Post by dapndfk4dents July 16th 2008, 7:53 pm

i dont believe there is a problem with it. i use a skin i saw in another forum and i havent encountered any problems for 6 months now... i hope i covered your question.
dapndfk4dents
dapndfk4dents
Forumember

Male Posts : 38
Language : Greek!

http://dapndfk4dents.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Using the same forum skin as others Empty Re: Using the same forum skin as others

Post by ChessMaster 8k July 16th 2008, 9:22 pm

dapndfk4dents wrote:i dont believe there is a problem with it. i use a skin i saw in another forum and i havent encountered any problems for 6 months now... i hope i covered your question.
Thanks very much! Very Happy
ChessMaster 8k
ChessMaster 8k
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by ChessMaster 8k July 20th 2008, 12:30 am

Apologies for the double post, but could a moderator or someone tell me if using a forum skin that someone else has is alright?

I would change the icons as well as the navigation buttons, and the banner of course.
ChessMaster 8k
ChessMaster 8k
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 20th 2008, 12:51 am

yes especially if you find it through the admin panel and or hitskin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChessMaster 8k July 20th 2008, 12:55 am

Kilsek wrote:yes especially if you find it through the admin panel and or hitskin
You see, I had found it via Hitskin, but I wanted reassurance to make sure it was ok to use.

Thanks for the clarification. Very Happy
ChessMaster 8k
ChessMaster 8k
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 20th 2008, 3:39 am

HitSkin is a free to use skin site. If someone submits their skin to the site, then everyone has the right to use it. If you are unsure, contact Jalokim as he knows the rules of HitSkin.

You are allowed to use any skin you find on HitSkin though.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChessMaster 8k July 20th 2008, 6:34 pm

Scamite wrote:HitSkin is a free to use skin site. If someone submits their skin to the site, then everyone has the right to use it. If you are unsure, contact Jalokim as he knows the rules of HitSkin.

You are allowed to use any skin you find on HitSkin though.
Alright then. I just needed to know if it was ok so I wouldn't be accused of plagiarism or anything.

Thanks again. Very Happy
ChessMaster 8k
ChessMaster 8k
Forumember

Back to top Go down