The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A problem with the forum widgets & profile position

4 posters

Go down

A problem with the forum widgets & profile position Empty A problem with the forum widgets & profile position

Post by N!X July 26th 2008, 9:11 pm

Recently i've changed my theme and decided to put those new cool forum widgets but when i click yes and put the widgets I want and save them i returned to the index and there was just the space for the widgets and not the widgets themselves also my poster info or whaterever moved from left to right i tryed moving it back but it wont budge it says it's done but nothing happens can somebody please help me i have no idea what to do

Here's the link to my forum (i've removed the forum widgets because a big gap in the forum isn't soo attractive so if anybody can help it would be much apreciated i would post this in the need a technitian but it wont allow me to post there soo please somebody heeelllppp Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Code:
freak-area.forumotion.com

Last edited by N!X on July 27th 2008, 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
N!X
N!X
Forumember

Male Posts : 338
Language : Serbian & English

http://www.freak-area.co.cc

Back to top Go down

A problem with the forum widgets & profile position Empty Re: A problem with the forum widgets & profile position

Post by Nessa July 26th 2008, 9:17 pm

Hi, I'm sorry , but can you please change your topic title for an explicit one, more related to your problem / question. Smile
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down

A problem with the forum widgets & profile position Empty Re: A problem with the forum widgets & profile position

Post by N!X July 27th 2008, 12:08 pm

Done it now i will wait for somebody to help me out
N!X
N!X
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 27th 2008, 2:04 pm

Did you drag and drop all the widgets into the collum and then click save?

It seems you may have set the collumns to show for the right side and not left.

Sunny D just made a tutorial on these widgets in the tips and tricks section.

Back to top Go down

Post by N!X July 27th 2008, 4:05 pm

I tried all of it but nothig i just get a big gap
N!X
N!X
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 July 27th 2008, 5:02 pm

Hm... you can first try to delete your cache before accessing the admin panel. If this didn't work, and you still can't add widgets properly, please copy and paste your custom CSS code in your next reply. You can find this code in the textbox in "Display / Colors / CSS Stylesheet".

About the poster-info, visit the CSS page again ("Display / Colors / CSS Stylesheet") and search for this entries (with Ctrl+F):

.postprofile{...}
.postbody{...}

Delete those parts, including the content that is written between this brackets. Now you should be able to edit your profile position again in the admin panel as usual.
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by N!X July 27th 2008, 5:35 pm

Sunny i cant post the whole CSS it says to big i tryed finding the lines that you told me but there aren't in the css :S any other ideas
N!X
N!X
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 July 27th 2008, 6:06 pm

Too big? A custom CSS that exceeds 16000 characters? Shocked

Erm... ok, can you give me a link to the skin you were using? I assume it was one from hitskin?

And those entries should be there. I hope you haven't searched for the whole term as above. In your CSS, the "..." represent text actually. Try searching for only ".postbody" and ".postprofile". Wink
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by N!X July 28th 2008, 12:04 pm

here's the skin im using jalokims new vista plain skin

http://en.hitskin.com/search-a-skin/vistaplain-119483.htm
N!X
N!X
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jalokim July 28th 2008, 9:26 pm

The same thing is happening with crystal case... i tested on another site and the widgets and profile don't want to change. i have tried all the profile parts of the CSS and i don't see a problem.
the CSS is not reading it properly as if the class doesn't exist in the html of the forum...

the widgets are the worst part, cos they are not showing at all.
Thats a bugger

EDIT, nevermind the widgets, all i had to do was set them up again...
make sure that the column has the 180 pixels and move your widgets to the correct side. my wigdets returned... now to fix the profile
Jalokim
Jalokim
Energetic

Male Posts : 6113
Language : English,Polish,CSS,HTML

Back to top Go down

Post by zakir321 July 29th 2008, 7:09 pm

I wonder why Hitskin sais that this theme does not use a personal CSS... blackeye

Anyway, Jalo, you have defined a float for the .postprofile and the .postbody class. This always overwrites the settings you are doing in the admin panel. Deleting this parts - as seen below - would allow you again to change the profile position in the admin panel.

This is what you will find in your custom CSS field:

Code:
.postprofile {
color: #6B6B6B;
margin: 5px 0 0px 0;
min-height: 80px;
border-left-style: solid;
border-left-width: 1px;
border-color: #ffffff;
width: 22%;
float: right;
display: inline;
}
Code:
.postbody {
padding: 0;
line-height: 1.48em;

width: 76%;
float: left;
clear: both;
}

Change it to this:

Code:
.postprofile {
margin: 5px 0 0px 0;
min-height: 80px;
border-left-style: solid;
border-left-width: 1px;
border-color: #ffffff;
width: 22%;
display: inline;
}
Code:
.postbody {
padding: 0;
line-height: 1.48em;
width: 76%;
clear: both;
}

Now, after hitting submit, you can change the position from right to left in "General / Configuration".
zakir321

Back to top Go down

Post by N!X July 30th 2008, 6:27 pm

ok i did those things and it worked now i can mess around the profiles as before hehe but i have a big problem today i opened my forum i saw a big prosilver colored theme instead of jalokims theme i went to his test forum and the same thing is on there too but no matter i reinstalled the stupid thing but now I have another problem when i did the reinstall the names of the blocks in the portal moved downwards take a look and give me your opinion cuz im gettin really angry with the look of my forum every time i resovle a problem a nother comes up

freak-area.forumotion.com
N!X
N!X
Forumember

Back to top Go down